New Hifi setup help?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i am currently looking to buy my first Hifi and would appreciate some help with, well everything.

currently i listen to music through a pair of Akg Q701's with a fiio e9+e7 headphone amp, (can this be used in some way with the setup?) playing FLAC files imported from CD's and the rest comes from spotify.

But for during the day i have come to realise that wearing headphones for hours on end gets quite painful day after day, and thought it would be a good idea to buy a Hifi system.

SO... i would like some recommendations on what to do with the £1000 i have to play with, and its also really important for the sound quality to be as good as my headphones (or better) , obviously i realise speakers sound different from headphones, but im sure you know what i mean.

Thanks in advance. :)

amcluesent

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I seriously doubt £1000 will get you the same presentatiotone as a £250ish set of headphones!

Some options -

+ Squeezebox Touch streamer + Audio Engine A5+ active speakers (£500ish all up). This will stream FLAC and also do Spotify (subscription only) with it's own applet in the Touch so you'd not need your pc/laptop on.

+ Sonos Connect:Amp with speakers, maybe something like Monitor Audio Silver RX2 (£900 ish all up)

+ AVI ADMT9T active speakers with DAC and Musical Fidelity V-Link USB to S/PDIF (£1200ish all up)

A

Anonymous

Right, it seems i have underestimated the price of Hifi's then. :oops:

I Have more to spend than a £1000, I have two or three thousand available, im just worried (more like terrified) of spending £1000 on a single item incase it breaks within a couple of years, as things i have been looking at seem to carry no warranty?

Do i not really have to worry about this happening?

And if not would this system be good for my aforementioned needs:

Harman Kardon HK990

Harman Kardon HD990

Dynaudio Focus 140 or Roksan K2 TR-5

Thanks again.

WinterRacer

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Maybe not.

Does your PC have a toslink (optical) output? If so, all you need are a pair of AVI ADM9Ts, slightly over budget at £1125, but as a headphone user I think you'll really appreciate them. They sound very clean and controlled and for me where the first pair of speakers I'd heard that compared favourably to my headphone setup (Graham Slee Solo & Sennheiser HD650).

If you don't have toslink output, I guess you could use your Fiio E7 and connect to their analogue inputs.

I can't recommend them hightly enough, try to listen to a pair if you can.

Rob.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts