New hi-fi set up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tom83cat"]

In all seriousness though..... there is something wrong when (for most criminals) the punishment is usually better than what they have in the outside world.... i mean, your own room, 3 meals a day, pool table, gym, all your freinds in the same building and a coin operated Kuro in the corner.

[/quote]

Heavens, Express readers stay up late. And now, Judith Chalmers writes about on keeping fit in your 70s.

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="vanman"]
I have a budget of £60,000 and want a cd player, fm/dab tuner, amp and record player and floor standing speakers I hope I can get a good system for this budget, any ideas on makes and models please

[/quote] i advise that you borrow twice as much and spend it all on the worlds best hifi system,

Edit by mods for offensive content.
sorry

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="vanman"]
I have a budget of £60,000 and want a cd player, fm/dab tuner, amp and record player and floor standing speakers I hope I can get a good system for this budget, any ideas on makes and models please
[/quote]

Are you a labour MP claiming this on expenses ?

[quote user="timwileman"][quote user="vanman"]

[/quote] i advise that you borrow twice as much and spend it all on the worlds best hifi system, then after 1year you will need top take all the covers off and clean it

Edit by mods for offensive content.
[/quote]

Hi timwileman, all I can say is: well phat!!

A

Anonymous

I dunno.... theres probably all sorts of spare components to be found in the skip in his driveway

A

Anonymous

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT JUST GIVING ME ADVICE THAT I ASKED FOR

Edited by mods

ARE YOU JEALOUS ABOUT MY MONEY, SO CHILDISH
emotion-39.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vanman"]
WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT JUST GIVING ME ADVICE THAT I ASKED FOR

Edited by mods

ARE YOU JEALOUS ABOUT MY MONEY, SO CHILDISH
emotion-39.gif

[/quote]

what is so hard about starting a thread that isnt rubbish and intended only for us to waste our time

Edited by Mods to remove insults

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Graham_Thomas"]I'm childish.......[/quote]
I laughed far to much at this.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Graham_Thomas"]I'm childish.......[/quote]
maybe so, but you do have very good taste in music - though for me i still think lateralus is a superior album.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit"]
maybe so, but you do have very good taste in music - though for me i still think lateralus is a superior album.[/quote]One of the best opening tracks ever!

A

Anonymous

absolutely! however, is it just me or does the album seem to be poorly produced? i just can seem to get it sounding good on my hifi... the recording seems thin - ie. it has no body or weight to it... which is such a dissapointment considering the calibre of musicianship involved!!!

A

Anonymous

i normally listen to it on headphones late at night wandering round town - it scares me s***less.

will stick it on the proper system and see how it sounds.

A

Anonymous

dont spend 60 grand to listen at home ,go round the world and watch your favourites live..

A

Anonymous

So i should cancel my thread about a £70K hifi then...?

A

Anonymous

id spend 30 grand on a system that cost 70 grand 5 years ago as there wont be much different in quality, and it will be well run in.then have a damn good party on the money you havn't wasted ....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="vanman"]
[/quote]With your history in mind, to blow this kind money would need a seriously planned operation.So be a model citizen and make your own...very easy...just wait for the bangs and clouds of smoke to guide you as you go along.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="bigrod"]id spend 30 grand on a system that cost 70 grand 5 years ago as there wont be much different in quality, and it will be well run in.then have a damn good party on the money you havn't wasted ....[/quote]Check out his other thread "Oh sugar help". It's comedy gold.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts