New hi-fi set up

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a budget of £60,000 and want a cd player, fm/dab tuner, amp and record player and floor standing speakers I hope I can get a good system for this budget, any ideas on makes and models please

A

Anonymous

Bose could probably fix you up a really good system for that sort of money

A

Anonymous

I would contact the best British brands directly and arrange to hear their flagship systems at HQ then decide which you like.

A

Anonymous

Thumbs up who thinks vanman needs a ban!!!
emotion-21.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mattc76"]I'd watch 60,000 mins on my coin-o-matic plasma tv instead.

Admin - time for a ban I think...he's wasting our time.[/quote]

[quote user="tom83cat"]Thumbs up who thinks vanman needs a ban!!!

emotion-21.gif
[/quote]

Nah, he's much too funny. And clearly his relatives are minted.

And anyway, I want to see what happens when he takes the carpet shampooing machine to a pair of ESL2905s.

A

Anonymous

Personally, I think he needs to get a job and stop leeching of us taxpayers. Anyone who has a coin operated TV must be on DSS, living in a house paid for by the governement, satellite TV, expensive car on HP and ten kids just for the child allowance.... LOCK THE THREAD AND BAN VANMAN!!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="tom83cat"]Personally, I think he needs to get a job and stop leeching of us taxpayers. Anyone who has a coin operated TV must be on DSS, living in a house paid for by the governement, satellite TV, expensive car on HP and ten kids just for the child allowance.... LOCK THE THREAD AND BAN VANMAN!!!![/quote]

Uh-oh, the Daily Mail readers are in...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Nah, he's much too funny. And clearly his relatives are minted.

And anyway, I want to see what happens when he takes the carpet shampooing machine to a pair of ESL2905s.

[/quote]

Lol ... but what does happen when you take a shampooing machine to a pair of ESL2905's ?
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="tom83cat"]Personally, I think he needs to get a job and stop leeching of us taxpayers. Anyone who has a coin operated TV must be on DSS, living in a house paid for by the governement, satellite TV, expensive car on HP and ten kids just for the child allowance.... LOCK THE THREAD AND BAN VANMAN!!!![/quote]

Uh-oh, the Daily Mail readers are in...

[/quote]

hehe thinking just the same thing. Outrageous post ( while we're at it why don't we bring back capital punishment ........)

A

Anonymous

Buy a Sony mini hifi and spend £59,900 on speaker cable IMHO. :D

A

Anonymous

Maybe he's legit and made a typo and will see this abuse and never return. He may have meant 6k.

[quote user="vanman"]
I have a budget of £60,000 and want a cd player, fm/dab tuner, amp and record player and floor standing speakers I hope I can get a good system for this budget, any ideas on makes and models please
[/quote]

Ere we go again. . .I don't think we're giving him the credit he deserves. He' s provoking us into responding to the notion that he's prepared to blow 60k on a stereo system. . . .crikey, even I'm falling for it?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="plastic penguin"]I don't think we're giving him the credit he deserves. He' s provoking us into responding to the notion that he's prepared to blow 60k on a stereo system. . . .crikey, even I'm falling for it?[/quote]
You fool! Oh, hang on...
emotion-8.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="plastic penguin"]I don't think we're giving him the credit he deserves.[/quote] I think 89.9% APR could be a starting point.... but only if he has the capital to back it up.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JAXON5"]while we're at it why don't we bring back capital punishment [/quote] I think that at birth, everyone should be issued a bullet with their name on, to be carried with them at all times, a bit like an ID card..... then custody sergants at police stations would have unloaded revolvers.... you fill in the spaces... lol

A

Anonymous

Depends which side of the law you are on....
emotion-5.gif
In all seriousness though..... there is something wrong when (for most criminals) the punishment is usually better than what they have in the outside world.... i mean, your own room, 3 meals a day, pool table, gym, all your freinds in the same building and a coin operated Kuro in the corner. I've had dealings with a violent street robber who went before the Youth Offending Team and they decided he needed to vent his anger in a safer environment.... so the idiots sent him to boxing lessons...... he is now inside for GBH.... I wonder how the cogs in that machine can sleep at night.

[quote user="tom83cat"][quote user="plastic penguin"]I don't think we're giving him the credit he deserves.[/quote] I think 89.9% APR could be a starting point.... but only if he has the capital to back it up.[/quote]

You're not wrong there, Tom. But I think it says a lot when, at 2.30am, he so far has not responded. I never knew a metaphor could land you in the brown sticky stuff [referring to the word "credit"]. . .where's my hot water bottle?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts