New Headphones for Iphone

n4d5

Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys

I need to replace my headphones on my iPhone, I'm looking for in ear, but with a powerful bass. budget is about £60.00 max. Music consists of R&B, Rock and instrumental. Your recommendations will be much appreciated.

n4d5

JorisC

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I owned a pair of v-moda Vibe Duo (with mic and play/pause button), they have plenty of bass (too much for me).

http://www.v-moda.com/collection/modaphones/vibe%20duo.aspx

Since they are slightly over your budget, try e-Bay (where I bought mine (in Belgium that is))
I read some reviews that they are not so solidly build, but no experience with that.

I've lost mine and replaced them by cheaper Creative EP-630i (with mic). They are more neutral and a lot cheaper (45 ? at the time).
Price/quality = excellent
link of EP-630 (without mic) : http://en.store.creative.com/products/product.aspx?catid=437&pid=11397

Joris

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Klipsch Image S4i. OK, so they are c. £80 but rival, and cheaper, Sennheisers are reputedly very flimsy. YGWYPF?
emotion-18.gif

A

Anonymous

i have just upgraded from Denon's AHC-551 in-ear headphones, as far as i remember these are within your budget (got mine from Richer Sounds) and provide deep bass, and very clear music generally... big thumbs up from me!!

A

Anonymous

What about the Ultimate Ears Superfi 5vi on only £54.99 from play at the moment making them a bargain as the standard non Iphone version is still selling for £92.99

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Lee55:What about the Ultimate Ears Superfi 5vi on only £54.99 from play at the moment making them a bargain as the standard non Iphone version is still selling for £92.99

And £48.99 on Amazon................................just ordered a pair, seems a very good price for what are rated as excellent speakers

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
fayeanddavid:
Lee55:What about the Ultimate Ears Superfi 5vi on only £54.99 from play at the moment making them a bargain as the standard non Iphone version is still selling for £92.99

And £48.99 on Amazon................................just ordered a pair, seems a very good price for what are rated as excellent speakers

Ultimate Ears Superfi 5vi have now arrived and pretty darn good too................

Couple of notes;

Designed specifically for iPhone it seems, plugged into my Nokia 5800 loses one channel completely, but moved outward by no more than 1mm then both channels are there.Plug into wife's iPhone and they are perfect

Voice activation for iPhone only it seems as well

Biggest problem is as a result of their very good noise isolation (I think), which is superb, is that you can hear yourself walk!!!! Loud and intrusive deep bass thumps occur as you take each step, very off putting............could be the formal business shoes I wear but as I use the 'phones mostly on business travel it does seem a little self defeating..............anyone else experience/has a solution for this?

The speakers themselves are excellent, detail retrieval superb, I have been amazed even with 128kps recordings on my 5800, and plent of grunt and top end sparkle..........very pleased as long asI don't move!!

cassper

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
fayeanddavid:fayeanddavid:

Ultimate Ears Superfi 5vi have now arrived and pretty darn good too................

Couple of notes;

Designed specifically for iPhone it seems, plugged into my Nokia 5800 loses one channel completely, but moved outward by no more than 1mm then both channels are there.Plug into wife's iPhone and they are perfect

Voice activation for iPhone only it seems as well

Biggest problem is as a result of their very good noise isolation (I think), which is superb, is that you can hear yourself walk!!!! Loud and intrusive deep bass thumps occur as you take each step, very off putting............could be the formal business shoes I wear but as I use the 'phones mostly on business travel it does seem a little self defeating..............anyone else experience/has a solution for this?

The speakers themselves are excellent, detail retrieval superb, I have been amazed even with 128kps recordings on my 5800, and plent of grunt and top end sparkle..........very pleased as long asI don't move!!

Hi, I might have an explanation for a couple of things.. First, the plug - iphone I think uses a different jack due to a microphone being in a cable, look for an adaptor somewhere.. The second thing - well, if there are you first earphones - that's how it works. If there is no music, you will hear yourself breathing, swalowing etc. Of course you will also hear thumping of your boots. It is more prominent in headphones with silicone/rubber tips, less with the foam tips. I can assure you, you will get used to it:) Everybody got:) There can be also a thing called microphonics, some earphones have more of it, some less, it depends on the material of the cable...basically when the cable rubbes the clothes, you can hear it very loudly in earphones. Try to read some forums specialized in headphones, there is plenty of usefull info.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
cassper

Thanks for the response, yes I am aware of the microphonics with the cable, not to much of an issue, more the noise thump from walking, I understand it, just very off putting in these early days

I had Goldring 200's before and did not experience such a problem, however have to say that the Goldrings are not in the same league as the Ultimate Ears and maybe that explains all

Thanks again

cassper

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
fayeanddavid:
cassper

Thanks for the response, yes I am aware of the microphonics with the cable, not to much of an issue, more the noise thump from walking, I understand it, just very off putting in these early days

I had Goldring 200's before and did not experience such a problem, however have to say that the Goldrings are not in the same league as the Ultimate Ears and maybe that explains all

Thanks again

What material were tips on the Goldrings made of? I can remember that on my old Sennheiser cx300 thumping was extremely loud...it didn't stop me from wearing them on my daily 20min walk to the tube station though:) And regarding the Goldrings - they were well regarded earphones with excellent price/performance ratio.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Cassper

Rubber tips on the Goldrings, never been a real fan of
Comply tips, never had an issue with microphonics or noise transmission
at all, although they did not isolate the sound like the UE's do

Goldrings
were good, now sadly mislaid (aka lost, OH, kids, who to blame!!) hence
buying the UEs
I'm sure it'll all come together, was just a bit
staggered on the amount of internal noise generated, maybe I need to ry
out the Comply buds again?

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
had time for a 5 hour listen yesterday with the UEs, they are truly excellent (not withstanding microphonics) very pleased, highly recommended

And the good news is the iPhone 4 will be with me in 4 days....................yay!

Then for a proper play with them

A

Anonymous

rymidd:if you could strech to £79 quid bose in ear are great with great bass and not bright and harsh

Bose is a four letter word.

cassper

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
bennyboy71:
rymidd:if you could strech to £79 quid bose in ear are great with great bass and not bright and harsh

Bose is a four letter word.

Buy Other Sound Equipment
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts