New floorstanders????? JBL, Wharfedale???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Iv been searching the internet for decent reviews, but not really found anything. So thought it would be best to ask people in the know!! U lot!!!

Basically I have a budget of around £350, and interested in the JBL E 80, JBL ES80, Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 and 9.6.

Please can i have your info on which ones to get, or if i should give them a miss and go with something totally different.

Cheers

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
What is your source (CDP, iPod, Vinyl, PC...) and what amp do you have?

Also; what kind of music do you listen to?

There's a fair mount of speakers that can be bought for your budget?

Are you after floorstanders or standmount speakers?

The Acoustic Energy AE Neo 3 floorstanding speakers are a very good buy currently, brand new via eBay but the B&W 685 standmount speakers as well as the Monitor Audio BR2's are also a very good buy; more so when paired with decent stands.

A

Anonymous

I have the JBL E80 with a Cambridge Audio 540A V2 & 540C V2. Now in a medium to large sized room these speakers are great, but in a small to medium sized room the bass can sound a little muddy which isn't good if you like nice clear detail with your music. For the money though, they perform very well!

Oh, and just in case you're interested... it's right on your budget and it's a stupidly good deal... JBL ES 100

Much better than the E80.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for the replies.

I'm going to be using them mainly for vinyl. and occasionally my ipod. I mix drum and bass and electro music, so need the speakers to have good clear bass and mid. As i've found with some cheaper speakers these sound distorted and not clear.

About the amp, again im in process of looking for a new one, but have a budget of about £150.

So if you know any good packages for £500 or less, please let me know!!!

And yes i prefer floor standers, but am open for suggestions, because i want to get the best out of my money, as im not looking to upgrade for a while.

cheers again.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
IMO with your budget and taste in music i dont think you could go wrong with the AE Neo 3 speakers and you could also look to partner them with a NAD C355BEE integrated amp (brand new) or go for a NAD C352 integrated (2nd hand via eBay).

If you're really after solid, tough, bass thumping speakers but still ant some refinement i'd say look for some B&W 603 S2's or S3 floorstanding speakers and partner them with a decent NAD or Arcam Alpha 9/10 integrated amp.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for your help dani1979, its much appriciated.

I've been looking round at the speakers you have suggested, and can only really find the ae Neo 3, for around or just under £300, which is within my price range, but would you personally choose them over the B&W's? as iv seen so many good reviews about them.

Also iv seen through other posts that you strongly suggest the nad amp, as you also like similiar music.

I'm not buying untill next month but wanted to get my research done.

Do you know of any decent sites to buy from? iv found this one superfi.co.uk, but if you know any more, i would be greatfull. And i am looking to buy new, for the speakers anyway.

cheers again!!!

A

Anonymous

I would also definately recommend the Acoustic energy neo 3's, having being a previous owner. Great tweeter, punchy bass, you can mass load them, nice plinthe, and very affordable. A good buy

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
eBay is your best bet and you'll get the AE Neo 3's for less than £300 :)

The NAD amps will suit a range of speakers but IMO for your budget you cant go wrong with the above suggestions.

Superfi are good but theyre all brand new; as ive said on a number of posts; youll always get a better, wider choice 2nd hand via eBay than you would brand new on a limited budget.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts