New digital platform to match new Roksan Caspian amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Folks, new to the forum and would like a little advice. I have just bought a Roksan Caspian M2 amp to match my B&W 805s speakers, Gyrodec and Roksan Phono stage. When I auditioned the amp with my speakers it was with the Caspian CD player and there is no doubt it sounded beautiful but I can't help but think its a lot of money for a format that is slowly disappearing. I do still however have quite a CD collection. So do I save up and get the matching Caspian or do I get the Audiolab 8200cd? Would the Audilab match the amp? I like the idea of having a cd player and dac so I can plug my Xbox into the DAC for streaming music from my pc. I wish Roksan had a product like the Audiolab as it's always nice to have matching equipment aesthetics wise which makes for a happier Mrs!

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you not thought about just ripping all your CDs on to a hard drive somewhere (the PC you mention, or a NAS)? Then just get a cheap(ish) streamer (cheap compared to the CDPs you mention anyway) and an external DAC (should you find you need one).

Even buying a NAS you could do this cheaper than the Audiolab, plus a NAS can get put away somewhere (as long as you can network to it) so it will be less clutter and more flexible in the long run too.

Bob is thus your left-footed auntie's matching 3 piece suite!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts