New Chordette range from Chord. Nice!

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Excellent! will be a good read.

I just went though the pdfs on Chord site and am trying to figure out how systems can be built with these components.

Seems that the computer or the pre-amp are kind of central units with the others feeding them/from them depending on what sources you have.

Would have been nice if Chord could provide suggested system diagrams (like ProJect does in their brochures for box range- very very handy!).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
AlmaataKZ:I think it can be. Definately can be on the original Gem.

Excellent. Hopefully we will see a review of the Chordette Peach vs new Arcam DAC one day. (Although the Chordette has to take the prize for 'bling'
emotion-1.gif
)

manicm

Will speculate here:

Having licenced dCS's premium technology for this purpose I think the Arcam will take it for USB.

The Chord might take it for Bluetooth, although Arcam will later release a wireless version with an optional dongle for your pc, which from what I gleaned on their website also works on Bluetooth (Kleer technology).

A

Anonymous

It's refreshing to see an innovative new product range.

If the prices are right then I can see these uints flying off of the shelf.

demartin_1:
It's refreshing to see an innovative new product range.

If the prices are right then I can see these uints flying off of the shelf.

Hi demartin_1

I have the first production units of the Toucan headphone amplifier and Dual moving coil phono stage and should hopefully also be receiving the first of the rest of the new range soon. Its been a long time coming however i really believe Chord Electronics are onto a winner with this new Chordette range of products. Some of the products should be priced as -

Toucan headphone amplifier £799

GEM APTX £419

Dual moving coil phono stage £799

Prime pre amplifier £1495

Peach DAC £799

Scamp integrated/power amp £799, £150 power supply

Mogul PC between £2k - £3k (tbc)

Chordette stand - base £500, each additional tier at £180

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
AlmaataKZ:for pricing reasons

After receiving some new ATC's, you must be! Very nice by the way.....

The Chord stuff looks very nice indeed and it's good to see some innovative HIFi being released among the usual.

I'm definitely interested in the Toucan for PC desk listening and will be interested in listening to the Dual and how it would work with my own Chord amp.

Does anyone know who's stocking the new Chord range?

shooter69:AlmaataKZ:for pricing reasons

After receiving some new ATC's, you must be! Very nice by the way.....

The Chord stuff looks very nice indeed and it's good to see some innovative HIFi being released among the usual.

I'm definitely interested in the Toucan for PC desk listening and will be interested in listening to the Dual and how it would work with my own Chord amp.

Does anyone know who's stocking the new Chord range?

Hi shooter69

I'll be stocking the new Chordette range. I had the first production Toucan headphone amplifier months ago and more recently also the first production Dual phono stage. As for the rest my order in the range i should hopefully also be receiving the first of the dealers units soon.

Btw, the Toucan headphone amplifier is superb (the power supply is robust enough to drive 801 speakers! - for anyone reading this please do not try this anywhere with any speaker).

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick.

D you know much about the Peach? Is it that much better than the Gem? As you know the Gem is on my list!

A

Anonymous

You've made my day. I am most definitely going to audition the Chordette Peach DAC.

Any idea when you might review them?
emotion-29.gif

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
My initial reaction is mixed -

On the one hand - the plus side - modular, good range of options for digital sources, good range of components, apt-x on bt, in general should sound good given Chord's pedegree, matching expandable stand...

On the other hand - the minus side - very expensive, just the rack and add-on shelves cost good hifi money, styling is not that elegant or 'uniform' (the computer is kind of lumpy - too big for Chordette form factor, too 'cramped' for anything bigger), on the Scamp there is no remote volume control (is it at the back? - that is just gain adjust...) and source switch is on the back, the display on the control amp shows 5 basic characters only (while for it's size could show much more).

Hmmm... If I use Scamp with Squeezebox Touch... it may work quite well... What would be another option for compact amp - the new small Wadia (on the higher end). What alternatives are on the lower end to work with touch as a compact amp? ProJect? Any others?

http://www.box-designs.com/main.php?list=amplifier&cat=amplifier&lang=en

http://www.32ohmaudio.com/store/images/wadia_amp.jpg

Would Scamp take digital out from ipod via USB inut?

From Chord literature:

The Scamp is a 2 x 40w Stereo amplifier with built-in USB DAC, High Gain Analogue input and a rotary volume control on the rear.

The Chordette Scamp is a stereo amplifier with control for both digital and analogue inputs and has been designed as a small but extremely capable amplifier for your system. With it's own RCA phono inputs, USB input and Gain control, this little power house can be used as a stand alone integrated amplifier from a single source or a power amplifier when combined with the Chordette Prime.

bobbyg81:
Hi Rick.

D you know much about the Peach? Is it that much better than the Gem? As you know the Gem is on my list!

Hi bobbyg81

The Chordette Peach is effectively a Chordette Gem with coaxial and optical inputs. I would be happy to inform you of my impressions once i have the products at hand.

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Cheers Rick. Id like to know a wee bit about the MAX amp aswell. I wonder if it can control those pesky SCM40s! I had look at the photos of the range. Looks really cool!
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts