New Channels to Virgin HD

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Hello all,

Heard on the grapevine today that Virgin are planning to roll out ITV HD and C4 HD within the next six months. Anyone else heard this or is it just a nasty rumour to get my hopes up??

A

Anonymous

Its just a nasty rumour! :p
LOL

I dont actually know but since Virgin seem to have given up on HD I'm not getting my hopes up - though with sky's £50 HD offer they need to get themselves sorted!

I'm gonna wait and see if the rumour comes true, if not..sky it is.

PS - try "digitalspy" for Cable rumours

A

Anonymous

Here you go:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitaltv/a149260/virgin-media-working-on-hd.html
"We are working on HD including VOD and channels. Until the deals are done we can't announce, but hope to soon."

Apparently it was on Tw@tter
http://twitter.com/virginmedia
but I dont use it so.........

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
ashworth_rich:since Virgin seem to have given up on HD I'm not getting my hopes up - though with sky's £50 HD offer they need to get themselves sorted!

Not to mention finding a better way of hiding which dodgy pay-per-view movies you've been watching when they send you the bill...

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well, time to reveal my source!! Rang up Virgin Media Disconnections line to inform them I feel duped regarding the HD content (lack of it!) on my V+ box. Informed that "all" there channels were upscaled to at least 720p through the V+ box, and that with SKY there is an issue that they are only upsclaing the PQ for the HD subscribers. Did not really buy this one and pushed that I felt I had entered into a contract under false pretenses, response was that they have an e-mail in house stating that ITV HD and C4HD plus the Welsh C4 whatever that is would be introduced. I responded by pointing out that this is the proverbial dangling carrot and asked if it was due to be implemented with a short (one month), medium (six month) or long (12 month +) timescale, to be advised it would be within the next six months.

Are they fibbing?????

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
ashworth_rich:since Virgin seem to have given up on HD I'm not getting my hopes up - though with sky's £50 HD offer they need to get themselves sorted!

Not to mention finding a better way of hiding which dodgy pay-per-view movies you've been watching when they send you the bill...

Its ok I claim mine on expenses
emotion-10.gif

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:Andrew Everard:

emotion-10.gif

Your moniker says it all
emotion-2.gif

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I'm still on Virgin analogue!

ITV, C4 and Welsh C4? Hardly compares to Sky's HD channels, does it?

I note on their website they said of the V+ HD box there's 'a great selection of high definition films to watch on demand' - somehow, I doubt it!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
kena:True Blue:Andrew Everard:

emotion-10.gif

Your moniker says it all
emotion-2.gif

Ha Ha, I was joking!! My political alegiances or grey at the moment. MY moniker refers to my football club (Pompey).

Anyway, do people think it was the proverbial carrot to stop me moaning, or is there something on the horizon??

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Who knows but then its pretty well in the public domain what they provide. I personally hope they join the HD bandwagon but am not holding my breath.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well I think a regular phone call once a week should suffice (its free and Im bored), either way, more HD or reduced subscription.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts