New cd to partner celestion a3 and plinius 9200

ictmtb

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Any suggestions on a replacement spinner?

Currently using an arcam cd23,

Up to £3k max

Need more bass depth, at the minute it's lacking in weight.

Also using atlas hyper Biwire and chorus interconnects.

My old celestion a2's were amazing In the bass, but the A3 has a much better mid. Would be

Great to unleash the bottom end though.

With movies, they are sensational. Not sure why not with music though.

Would appreciate your thoughts

Cheers

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You might get lucky with this one , you would be hard pushed to better it at any price :grin:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electrocompaniet-EMC1UP-CD-Player-/221224677872?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates&hash=item338204b1f0

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Electro said:
You might get lucky with this one , you would be hard pushed to better it at any price :grin:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electrocompaniet-EMC1UP-CD-Player-/221224677872?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_CDPlayerSeparates&hash=item338204b1f0

Well spotted Electro... could be an absolute bargain!

Mac

ictmtb said:
Any suggestions on a replacement spinner?

Currently using an arcam cd23,

Up to £3k max

Need more bass depth, at the minute it's lacking in weight.

Also using atlas hyper Biwire and chorus interconnects.

My old celestion a2's were amazing In the bass, but the A3 has a much better mid. Would be

Great to unleash the bottom end though.

With movies, they are sensational. Not sure why not with music though.

Would appreciate your thoughts

Cheers

Hi ictmtb

I think that you should also consider pairing a DAC with your CD23. If you can stretch your budget than Chord Electronics QDB76 (RRP £3600 bluetooth version satin silver/black finish) is worth serious consideration. Bass weight, depth, dynamics, speed, detail, etc. the QBD76 has these in spades and one which is a worthwhile upgrade in performance over the already excellent CD23. You can also the QBD76 to listen to music from other digital media such as computers, iPad, mobile phones, etc.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Pickledonion

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi ictmtb

I hope you're managing to get some ideaes re a cd player.

Could I pick your brains as an A2 & A3 owner? I have some A2s and like you find the bass really good. I have some A3s on the way as I am also looking for better mids. My room is a very modest 4.5x3.5m and I have the A2s very close to the long wall, so that I am sat not very far from the speakers. I find, to my surprise, that they work best this way, given that some compromises are inevitable in a room this size and with a wife sharing the space.

The A3s are going to look ridiculous, I know, but do you think they are going to work in this situation, or am I dreaming? They will be run with a MF a3.5 at 150w 8ohms/240w 4ohms, which works pretty well with the A2s (until I win the lottery). Whats your honest opinion, given your experience of both A2 and A3?

Apologies in advance if I have diverted attention away from your original post.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts