New CD player to replace Karik 3 ? Suggestion PLEASE

Chuckle

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi All :)

PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS :wave:

I thought I would try again regarding any suggestion from members of the What Hi-Fi forum I presently own a Karik 3 and Numerik unfortunately the Karik 3 is showing its age and occasionally doesn’t play CD’s would welcome advise as to what might be a good CD player on the market to replace it with, also are Marantz CD player’s for example Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite compactable with Naim equipment?
I enjoy various types of music

Many Thanks Chuckles :)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Karik/Numerik, which i find very musical....but now use a Linn DS. Would you consider going for something like a Sneaky, which despite its price is (imo) better than what you have.

Available here at good value: http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-3935-linn-sneaky-ds-networked-media-player.aspx

Chuckle

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
:) Much appreciated your response :)
Mooly I used to own a Marantz 94(11) which was a splendid machine and then upgraded to present Karik 3 Numerik so my query relating to the Marantz Pearl Lite stems from fond memories of owning the 94 sounds like I need to investigate the Pearl Lite further . Was your model the £1000 one?
Cnoevil I agree with your comments the combination is musical and in all honesty if the Karik 3 hadn’t developed a fault I most likely wouldn’t be considering a replacement as for the Sneaky route thanks for your suggestion however not at the moment “never say never though”
matthewpiano cheers for suggestion Roksan Kandy K2 I have to admit the only Roksan CD player I auditioned was ROK DP1 many years ago the Roksan Caspian M2 seems to get good reviews so may give that a listen of course would also be intrigued to hear the Kandy as to whether Caspian merits extra ££££
Macspur re: budget Mmm! £1000 to £1600
Cheers Chuckle :bounce:

Chuckle

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
:) Oh well I decided to purchase the Pearl Lite CD Player and unlike previous Hi-Fi purchases didn’t dem took a gamble initially on removing it from box was struck by build quality and on further listening thank goodness not at all disappointed thus far Phew! Presently working my way through my CD collection will let you know how I get on thanks again for responding to my initial query much appreciated.
Happy New Year to you all.

Cheers Chuckle :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts