new cd and speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
ihave just bought a roksan kandy mk.l.111 amp and would like to purchase either a rega apollo or roksan kandymk111 cd player and also some kefiQ5 or monitor audio silver rs6 speakers. Any advice greatly appreciated . I listen mostly to rock music.

matthewpiano

[quote user="matthewpiano"]The Apollo is the best CD player I've ever heard by a long margin. Eats the Arcam CD73T alive. I had one briefly and seriously regret selling it.[/quote]

...until I plugged the SCD-XA1200ES in to my system today....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="kennedyj3"]
ihave just bought a roksan kandy mk.l.111 amp and would like to purchase either a rega apollo or roksan kandymk111 cd player and also some kefiQ5 or monitor audio silver rs6 speakers. Any advice greatly appreciated . I listen mostly to rock music.
[/quote]

I tried the Kandy CDP and amp with the MA RS6s and found it far too bright. I'm not sure whether the Apollo would take the edge off the sound enough to make it enjoyable but it's worth a try. I think you'll get on better with the Kefs or some B&Ws, perhaps the 685s that everyone seems to rate!

If I was in your shoes I'd be hunting down a Dynaudio dealer. The Kandy amp has 120W which is enough to comfortably drive the Audience 52s (4ohms impedance and low sensitivity, c.£600). If the wallet stretches, the Focus 110s are stunning and would probably work superbly (£850). The Focus 110s have convinced me that floorstanders are not the answer for me! Unfortunately I'm not sure I can drive them...

A

Anonymous

The kandy is not the most detailed of cd players, if thats important to you.The arcam cd73 is more detailed than the kandy.I have not heard the apollo but hear its superb.Maybe it will have the best attributes of the kandy and the arcam.As mattpiano said, it would probably eat the arcam cd73 alive, but then it does cost 33% more! I think you really need to try and do a demo_Only way to decide for definite.

A

Anonymous

I also reckon the mon audio speakers will wipe the floor with the kefs. Just be careful with cabling if you match mon audio speakers with kandy amps.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Id go for the MA RS6 speakers with the Apollo and QED Silver Anniversary bi-wire cable.

Listened to the Kef IQ5SE's at the weekend and they were horrible.

Partnered them with the Cyrus 6v2 and 8v2 amps as well as the Cyrus 6 & 8 CD players, the Roksan Kandy LIII amp and a Primare amp.

Only the Cyrus 8v2 amp could get anywhere near a decent sound with the Kefs for me and still they werent good!

My uncle has the MA RS6 speakers partnered with Audiolab 8000 pre and monoblocks/power amps (i think) and theyre superb. The source is the Rega Planet CD player which i'm trying to get off him but he keeps politley telling me to 'bu**er off richard head...' haha... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts