New Bookshelf speakers for my Nad C316BEE

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Surly Sid

Feb 6, 2020
Visit site
For the record, I also found the 220 bass light with the Nad, so if the new ones are similar, I'd try something else - Mission or Elac.

Edit: autocorrect had turned "Nad" to "Bad" :) Fixed now.
I found them bass light WITH the Nad c316 bee. I also experimented a bit with positioning, but in my dad's room they sit on a shelf, close to the back wall. Still not enough bass, imo.
They are not made to be put on a shelf. They will sound awesome on proper speaker stands.

rainsoothe

Whilst I agree with your point on speaker stands if they don't produce enough bass on a shelf close to the back wall they aren't going to produce any more bass on stands. Simply the wrong speakers for him it seems
Exactly my point. For the record, I also auditioned them on stands and in open space, with a friend, and he ended up getting the 225, which did perform a bit better.

gasolin

Exactly my point. For the record, I also auditioned them on stands and in open space, with a friend, and he ended up getting the 225, which did perform a bit better.

Had a pair of 225, they have almost 3 db lower sensitvity than the 220.

Theres is no used atm

I have wanted to try them bi amped with a power full amp but it's not cheap

Behringer EPQ304 gets to bright agressive at high levels other new 4 channel amps are expensive,2x2 channel amps are more expensive, i don't excatly have a pre amp so even if i can find what i need, i might only be able to afford 2 of the 4 things i would need/want, the speakers, the amp(s),the preamp and extra cable for bi wiring, the speakers need a lively dynamic amp with good bass

50 watt pr channel is not enough, there has to be some extra "clean" power to make the speakers sing

Last edited:

MartinEvoke50

Aug 30, 2020
Visit site
Out of my price range update i just found out the sensitivity is 84db, that is something i want to avoid

My price range is Dali oberon 1 (new), q acoustics 3030i (new, to deep),wharfedale diamond 12.2, Mission LX-3 MKII (Both new)

I don't like the highs from dali zensor, so a pair of zensor 3 is out of the question
Dali Oberon 1 ( £349 ) is more expensive than Bower & Wilkins 607 (not the Anniversary version--£299) and the NAD C316 will have no problem driving the 607. NAD amps and Bowers & Wilkins go very well together

gasolin

Dali Oberon 1 ( £349 ) is more expensive than Bower & Wilkins 607 (not the Anniversary version--£299) and the NAD C316 will have no problem driving the 607. NAD amps and Bowers & Wilkins go very well together

Not where i live, the sensitvity is not high 84db and sound quality can be fatiguing at high volumes.

nr 7 https://www.themasterswitch.com/best-bookshelf-speakers

It's posible to hear the 607 doesn't sound as good as the 707 s2 and both sound bright
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfnaxx6nfqA&t

Last edited:

gasolin

Are you saying there are no dealers in Denmark? Strange.

#32 respond to marinEvoke50
Not where i live (about the price of the B&W 607)

Dmode101

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
if someone know a pair that meets my requirements please let me know

If it was my choice i would go for the wharfedale 12.1 or 12.2 for a bit more bass

I've had the mission lx2 and found them lacking in the bass dept
Also wharfedale's current ranges of speakers are really good value for money and will compete with speakers costing a lot more money

Dmode101

Nov 9, 2020
Visit site
12.1 not stock at hifix and the only review on youtube say it has some port noise at high levels or just playing deep bass at loud levels
Ok then what about dali oberon 1 they'll gel very well with your nad amp they sound nothing like dali zensor range no fatigue with this model just good old enjoyment and they look very nice

gasolin

I looked at the local shop in Denmark for a pair of B&W 607 and i found a new pair with a disount but it's £360 for a pair, retail price for the 607 s2 anniversary model is £480, retali price for the old 607 is £450

But what is the difference between the 2 models ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts