New Blu Ray Player

fireblade_broth

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am looking to replace my old blu ray player.

I currently have Pioneer BDP-LX70A and a Pioneer PDP-5000ex TV, the AV is a denon 4810.

I am trying to get the best player I can for picture quality and sound for Movies, I am not worried about CD audio.

The Sony S370 & S570 sounds good from reviews but I wonder if I should spend more to get a better picture for the TV I have. Also the Azur 650BD also gets great reviews but I do not want to pay money for good all rounder as I am only concerned about the movie aspect.

Does anyone have any thoughts on what players would really excel or should I even look at getting a new TV a well?

Thanks

Sony S370 is all that you need. You've got the brilliant Denon 4810 to decode audio, so I can't see how Cambridge Audio 650BD will offer any improvement, especially since its renowned for its audio performance & the fact that you're not bothered about music.

For DVD upscaling, the Sony S370, the Denon & the Pioneer TV all are capable of upscaling your DVDs well.

fireblade_broth

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Bigboss,

I was hoping that would be the response. I don't mind spending the money but if there is little picture quality difference then I would rather get the S370.

Thanks

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I'd certainly consider the Samsung C6900 if you want a step up from a budget player.

I think you might find improvements in colour vividness, DVD upscaling, and fullness of the sound, (even with the amp decoding).

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
bigboss said:
Sony S370 is all that you need. You've got the brilliant Denon 4810 to decode audio, so I can't see how Cambridge Audio 650BD will offer any improvement, especially since its renowned for its audio performance & the fact that you're not bothered about music. For DVD upscaling, the Sony S370, the Denon & the Pioneer TV all are capable of upscaling your DVDs well.

+1

S370 is very very good

fireblade_broth

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
Hi Guys,

The load times are quite annoying so would like to get that sorted but basically it seems that there won't be much difference in picture quality if I change?

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
fireblade_broth said:
I am trying to get the best player I can for picture quality and sound for Movies.

If that is really what you are after then the Oppo 93 is what you want.

This i would do.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts