New AV Room - lots of old kit - What to do?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,
I have just converted my cellar into my ideal listening and viewing room, it is about 3x4 metres with a lowish ceiling (1.8m).

I have put insulation under the floors and in the ceiling and on the walls - it feels very quiet in there now! I have also run a dedicated electric supply from the consumer unit and put in a cat5 connection up to my home office. I am now fitting shelving to house my LP, CD and DVD collection and am now starting to get a bit concerned about my system...

Over the last few years I have accumulated quite some hifi kit and now I would really appreciate some advice on whether to carry on with my current system or sell it all and start again (I guess the answer will be a combination of the two but I don't know which bits to keep and which bits to replace).

Current HIFI system includes:
Audiolab 8000C preamp, (I also have an 8000A integrated not being used at present)

Audiolab 8000P Poweramp x 2 (one not being used at present),

Audiolab 8000DAC, (Also a NAIM NACD3-5 currently not being used)

Audiolab 8000CDM,

Audiolab 8000FM Tuner,

Denon TU-1800DAB Tuner

Monitor Audio Studio 14 Speakers,

Linn Sondek turntable

Current AV Kit includes:

Yamaha DSP Z1 (I think that's what it is, it is packed away in the loft right now)

Panasonic TH42PZ80EA Plasma TV

Sony BDP S350 Bluray Player

B&W DM601 as rear speakers

I want to get a brilliant combined music and video system in my new room. I have a budget of about £10,000 including the sale price of my old equipment which I have estimated at about 1500 to 2000.

Trouble is, I really hve no idea where to start. I am looking for all helpful suggestions as to where to go from here.

Musical taste is catholic, from chamber music through opera, jazz, latin, flamenco to indie rock and pop .

Movies: I love your traditional boys films (James Bond, Sci Fi) plus a bit of a sideline in world cinema.

Help me please!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts