New AV Receiver

geoffreyc

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am currently looking to buy a new AV receiver, however several people have warned me that HDMI handshake issues with some equipment may be a problem ( I currently use a Yamaha RX-V2500 which doesn't support HDMI)

My choices for new Receiver are as follows

Denon AVR-2310

Yamaha RX-V2065

Marantz RS6004

equipment to be connected

Display- LG42LH5000

BD players US Sony s360, UK Panasonic BD80

DVD Pioneer 868avi

Playstation 3 (40GB)

I would greatly appreciate the benefit of other members advice!

schietgs

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Since a week of 2 i've purchased a denon 2310 of which i'm very pleased!

At the moment, no handshake issues were noted when connecting my samsung BDP 1500 (to be upgraded, but will do this later on).
Tried also my brothers pana BD 60 which connected smoothly.
My display is a pana 42G10 which pairs very easy with the denon..
So as concerning the hdmi handshaking, i've noted no issues (although my dealer added that if issues arose i can always contact them)

I've also tested the yamaha 1065 and 2065 but was not convinced => the denon sounded brighter on my b&w setup.
But what concerns the sound of the receiver, this is something you really need to go and listen...
My wife for example just doesn't like the sound of a marantz...

hope this already helps!

A

Anonymous

Hi schietg,

i notice you talk about your b&W setup, i also upgrade my cm1 to cm7 and still have an old yamaha rx 659 , want to upgrade receiver but can make up my mind , if you have the cm7 please tell me your opininon.

thanks

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Going back to the OP, I'd say that the receivers listed might be a backward step. The Yamaha RX-V1900 is available at a good price now. It's more at the level of the 2500. What speakers will it be running?

schietgs

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
hi CM 7

My setup is build up around the 600 series, so a 603S3 (old range), HTM 62 (center) the 686 for backs. The sub is the ASW 610.
So can't realy help about the CM series... but i do advise you to have a listen!

kind regards

Steven

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts