new av receiver for dolby true hd

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought the sony bdp s500 blue ray dvd player and am considering upgrading my current denon 3805 receiver to take advantage of the dolby true hd. I have narrowed it down to either the Denon 2808 or 3808 and Onkyo 805 or 875. Which is the better and between them what do i get for the extra money and which in other peoples opinion is the better for the music. I am tempted by the onkyo because of the thx but am concerned with the heat output which i have read about how much of a gap shold i leave above the amp. I am hoping to listen to all 4 receivers next month but other peoples opinion is always welcome.

A

Anonymous

Got the 3808 a couple of months ago upgraded from 3802.

It sounds good to me via PCM, I like the multizone 2&3, usb inputs, internet radio, media steaming, upscaling, 2x remote controls, 3 quick select buttons, hdmi switching, great menus. Dont use Audyssey though and zone 2 without other amps uses the output from the 7.1 speaker outputs.
People reckon the Onkyo but it gets too hot, Denon is fine with about 2" above it.

A

Anonymous

Yeah but you need a lot of space around them, not a great product for mounting in small under tv cabinets, imo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts