New amp smell....

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one that loves 'new amp' smell, Its so much better than 'new car' smell, you know the smell I'm talking right.

hmmmmm, its better than 'new leather shoes' smell too, I love it..... am I the only one?

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You are not alone! :)

Last year I slept with my new speakers (curled up like a baby around the stands) cause they smelt better than my missus hair :shhh:

Def my favourite smell in the whole universe :cheers:

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
In the Stephen King novel about a haunted car named Christine, one of the characters (a dirty old man) declares "I love the smell of a new car! The only thing better is the smell of -----!" :bounce:

The blank wasn't "a new amp" but hey, it works for me! (as does what was in the blank!) :dance:

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
You lot are beginning to worry me lol!

My harbeth's have a very distinct walnut smell about them and the Sugden used to give off a smell of an electric fire!

Mac

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
The best smell was unboxing my XXLS400 sub from BK.

I’m quite odd with smell anyway, I order stuff from Amazon or the like and have delivered to work and smell everything I buy.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I can't remember what a new amp smells like, it's 19 years since I bought one. I do, however, love the smell of a new Texas Instruments calculator though.

Yeah, I know, wierdo!! :shifty:

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't the faintest idea. The only thing in the last 30yrs bought new rather than than ex-demo or 2nd hand was my DAC which didn't smell of anything. However, I'm expecting delivery by the end of the month of a 5 tier Hi Fi Racks rack to replace my Target steel-framed one & a matching wall-mounted plinth that my CD sits on at eye level. I'd expect it to smell of oak & perhaps some glue residual.

Unpacking new stuff for the first time is pretty exciting, of course.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts