New Amp Pairing For Wharfedale Lintons

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CoyoteKG

Nov 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I like what I read about Linton and I would like to have it .
But what do you think about pairing with the Naim Supernait (1)?
Naim Supernait is “dark” amp, and if Lintons are dark, what should I expect?

Rollo

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I like what I read about Linton and I would like to have it .
But what do you think about pairing with the Naim Supernait (1)?
Naim Supernait is “dark” amp, and if Lintons are dark, what should I expect?
Hi CoyoteKG, the Linton's are a fantastic sounding speaker. I've never heard them with any Naim gear but I have with several other amps. Don't think I'd ever describe them as dark tho. Their strength is their musicality and midrange. Absolutely beautiful vocals and strong base for their size. If you want a more definition in the top end you'd need to pair them with a brighter sounding amp. Cheers

Reactions: newlash09
D

Deleted member 116933

Hi All, looking for some advice for a new amp to pair with my new Lintons. After alot of googling and youtubing I have narrowed my choices down to the following. Cambridge Cxa81, Hegel h90 or the class d Technics Su-g700. Not being able to demo any under lock down, I'd really appreciate any opinions you could give me.

Many thanks
Rollo

As the lintons have a full-fat sound which can lead to a "lazy" sound if paird with amps that have similar attributes (might be what you want though), id look at amps that can give the speakers the drive that they need a nice lively amps-like Rotel NAD maybe Yamaha.

Edit Denon could be worth a look as well

matthewpiano

The Lintons can certainly veer towards sounding 'lazy' with the wrong amplifier, but positioning can also exacerbate this. They need space irrespective of what you drive them with. I've tried and tried, and I've achieved very nice sounds out of them at times, but that slight haziness/laziness rears its head too frequently. I am replacing them with their polar opposite - the KEF LS50 Meta.

Reactions: newlash09

rainsoothe

As the lintons have a full-fat sound which can lead to a "lazy" sound if paird with amps that have similar attributes (might be what you want though), id look at amps that can give the speakers the drive that they need a nice lively amps-like Rotel NAD maybe Yamaha.

Edit Denon could be worth a look as well
Yamahas are lazy in the bass (at least in the entry level range) - but the likes of Rotel, Naim and Cambridge Audio should be great partners for Lintons.

D

Deleted member 116933

Yamahas are lazy in the bass (at least in the entry level range) - but the likes of Rotel, Naim and Cambridge Audio should be great partners for Lintons.

Ah but I wouldn't be looking at the budget range of yamahas for the Lintons, they deserve more than that. Id give be looking to partner them with at least
2-3k of amp if not more!But hey that's just me!. Really nice tube amp would do them well, a really nice luxman or some such

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts