new amp for my system

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi, i am looking into replacing my arcam A70 (display knackered) with something else, as i have a roksan kandy CDP i was just keeping an eye out for second hand amps, but am now thinking of perhaps something else... eg Musical Fidelity XA1 any ideas? i use Epos M5i speakers in a small (ish) listening room, maining vocal, jazz with some classical and rock thrown in

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Not sue how the Roksan and MF combo would work out. If your happy with the Arcam/Roksan combo how about a new Arcam amp?

Whats your budget?

A

Anonymous

Grab yourself a Creek amp, it'll work well together.

timwileman:budget can go to about £500, hence looking second hand... will have a look at creek and the A85

Yup, another vote for Creek Evo.

Alternatively, the Marantz 7001 (KI version if poss) is a very good amp and should match your speakers and cdp well.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
timwileman:hmmm....there is a PM7200KI on a well known audition site, are they similar to the 7001KI?

Similar but Imo, not as precise and dynamic tim. It's been a long time since I've used them though.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yup... As above

But deffo have a look at the likes of an Arcam Alpha 10 or the DiVA A85 but even the NAD C355BEE shouldnt be discounted
emotion-1.gif

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
... and in fairness, I never used them side by side so my opinion may count little on this one. When I listened to the 7002 I just immediately noticed a lack of power/drive, especially in Class A but also in AB, despite the 100W+ rating (can't remember exactly how much). The 7001KI on the other hand sounds punchy. Has other shortcomings and (imo) is not a great step up from previous KI's, one of which I have, but it's not to old an amp and should be a relatively safe bet if looked after. The suggested creek seems like a nice amp too.

A

Anonymous

Another one for Creek, only had my evo 2 a couple of weeks and loving it compared to my old NAD 326

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts