New Amp Decision help

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
So in 1990 I bought a Pioneer A-227, in late 2014 it stopped playing sound out of the right side.
So in 2015 I think it's time to replace it and was hoping that you chaps could advise me.

I have 4 x 100W Gale speakers that are relatively recent that I want to hook up to.
I now play all my music via spotify from my phone and computer.
I was thinking that something wireless? Or I can buy an adapter to play through wirelessly, such as the Qed Uplay Stream.

The Amplifier doesn't need to be first hand, I would be equally happy with something second hand. My budget is 200-300 pounds I am afraid.

Any thoughts most gratefully recieved. Thank you.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Take a look at the Yamaha RN301. Very flexible setup providing you can connect to a network. The big advantage is that it has Spotify Connect, so the music streams direct to the amplifier, with your computer or iThing using the Spotify app as a remode control, best way to play Spotify in my view.

Buying secondhand may work, but you will almost certainly not get Connect or built in Airplay. Personally I think Connect is a big step forward in all respects and would consider it a priority.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I would suggest you buy the amp you want and then add a bluetooth adapter. Then you aren't limited to a particular amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts