New amp and speakers recommendation

raiders4life12

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I am considering buying a new amp and speakers and would like people's opinions on several products and how they work together. Which of these offers the best value and sound quality at the price point? Can you recommend any of these products and which would go together well? Are any of these much better or much worse than the others?

Thanks in advance!

B&W 685 S2

Monitor Audio Silver 2

Totem Dreamcatcher

Dynaudio Dm 2/6

Peachtree D5

Focal Chorus 706V

Amps:

Marantz PM7005

Cambridge CXA80

Peachtree nova125se or 65

NAD C356DAC

NAD D 7050

Rotel RA-12

What are your opinions on these and how they would work together?

gasolin

raiders4life12 said:
I am considering buying a new amp and speakers and would like people's opinions on several products and how they work together. Which of these offers the best value and sound quality at the price point? Can you recommend any of these products and which would go together well? Are any of these much better or much worse than the others?

Thanks in advance!

B&W 685 S2

Monitor Audio Silver 2

Totem Dreamcatcher

Dynaudio Dm 2/6

Peachtree D5

Focal Chorus 706V

Amps:

Marantz PM7005

Cambridge CXA80

Peachtree nova125se or 65

NAD C356DAC

NAD D 7050

Rotel RA-12

What are your opinions on these and how they would work together?

The Dynaudio DM2/6 you can't get since it's discontinued, EMIT M10/20 is the new model

I'm happy with my nad C326BEE it doesn't have a bright and thin sound like the marantz PM6005 but a more full bodied sound

I have always rated Totem speakers but drawing up a list like this is no good if you cannot get to audition them before buying.

Speakers are very much room dependent and we know nothing about yours. Regards the amps it is pretty much going to depend on whether you want an inbuilt DAC or not. Personally I would take the Cambridge or Peachtree 125.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts