New 37 inch TV. Any suggestions?

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new 37 inch TV and need some suggestions. My budget is £500 to £650 and I would like something quite unobtrusive i.e. thin bezel. I was looking at the Toshiba Regza 37XV635DB but as it hasnt been reviewed in WHF i dont know if its any good, anyone own one perchance?

Any suggestions welcome though,

Thanks

matthewpiano

The Philips is a good suggestion. They are making some cracking TVs again at present.

I'd also take a look at the Sony KDL37V5500. Its a superb set with excellent, clean freeview performance and a very good feature set.

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys,

Have Philips released a 37 inch version of the 7404 yet as I cant seem to find it on sale anywhere? I'll certainly be looking into the Sony set but again no review from WHF yet...any of the team online can you tell me if and when the Sony KDL37V5500 or the Toshiba 37XV635 will be reviewed?

If anyone owns said sets I would welcome your input of course

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Andy

Can't see those Sony and Toshiba 37in TVs on the Contents list for our next two issues, but our Awards issue on sale October 20th will include our Best Buy set in that screen size.

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andy

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there will be a group test of 37in Tvs in the magazine anytime soon? Seems like awhile ago since there was one.

manicm

On this note can anyone tell me anything about the Samsung 5 series 37" LCDs?

This is exactly the right size for me but here in SA we have only two 37" LCDs! An old Sony HD ready and the Full HD Sammy 5 series above (LE37B530).

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
AndyWright:
Hi Andy

Thanks for the info. Do you know if there will be a group test of 37in Tvs in the magazine anytime soon? Seems like awhile ago since there was one.

No 37in TV Group Test in the next issue, but it is on our radar for the coming months. Sorry I can't be more precise, but we're still planning ahead at this stage. Will let the test team know you'd like one!
emotion-1.gif

AndyWright

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough:AndyWright:

Hi Andy

No 37in TV Group Test in the next issue, but it is on our radar for the coming months. Sorry I can't be more precise, but we're still planning ahead at this stage. Will let the test team know you'd like one!
emotion-1.gif

Before Christmas pleeeeease!
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts