New £500 audio setup for pc - but I dont need video?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

Any advice? I've done some research, now I'm thinking of the Q Acoustics 1010i system, with an Onkyo amp (TR-SR580 maybe?).

But, my thoughts are - I don't need any of the video functions - I just need audio. So it seems a waste of money to buy a good Onkyo A/V receiver if I'm not going to use the video bit at all.

Regards,

Alex.

A

Anonymous

You just want an amp and speakers for playing music or are you trying to make a gaming surround system?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi again alex.

I've just built a similar 5.1 PC setup myself a few months ago and would be happy to offer any help you may need as I've already been through the trial and error process of working out how best to do this.

Is your setup to be mostly used for movies or games? The reason I ask is because the 1000Ci centre speaker is great with movie dialog but it intergrates badly with the sound effects in games. Since this photo was taken I've swapped the 1000Ci centre speaker for an extra 1010i speaker and it now sounds much better when playing games.

Also, with receicvers you're not just paying for the extra features, the more expensive models also have much better sound quality. I've upgraded from a Yamaha RX-V365 to a RX-V667 even though I also only use it just for the audio. The RX-V667 has much better sound quality, especially when listening to music in stereo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts