New £300 CD Player

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently own a denon 3805 receiver and am using my denon 2910 dvd player as a cd player as well. I have just bought a sony s500 blue ray dvd but prefer cd's on my denon. I am currently going to upgrade my amp to the onkyo 875 but am wondering wether to buy a new cd player. I only have £300 to spend will a new cd player sound better than my denon 2910 or should i save longer until i have about £600 to spend which may take 6 to 12 months.I am using Monitor Audio silver RS1 by the way

Any advice greatly appreciated

A

Anonymous

I still think the Cambridge Audio 640C V2 is a sublime cd player for the cash, with the plus point being the feel good factor when you use the gorgeously weighted remote...

shep1968

Aug 20, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
Or if you want to buy new,the Marantz CD6002 - an Award winner at £270

[/quote]

Even better value at £220 in the superfi sale. Wonderful sound for the money.

A

Anonymous

thanks for advice, but would i better waiting six months, saving and buying the rega apollo or should i get the marantz now and upgarde as and when. Any advice please

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Buy it on a 0% credit card and pay it off over the next few months. I personally would go for something better as it will be cheaper in the long run. Get the best you can afford and it will last longer before you feel the need to upgrade.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Always best to wait and get the best you can mate.. It saves money in the long term from upgrading at a later date.... Having said that im a huge nad fan but iv heard the Marantz 6002 at my local dealer and its a belter i think it will be hard to beat under 500 a future classic im sure..

A

Anonymous

Have decided to look at £600 max i wanted to look at the Rega but cant have a top loader so any suggestions i like rock music chillis etc, and want to partner it with my denon 3805 (which is going to be replaced this year with an onkyo sr875) and my Silver RS1 speakers.

Any advice greatly appreciated i want to narrow it to 2 then audition.

thanks everyone

A

Anonymous

The Roksan Kandy III is great but might be too bright in your system; worth a try. Cyrus 6 or 8 much the same. Apollo would be my pick! You might find the Arcam CD73T works well for you...

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Tibor"]Avoid Cambridge A. Azur 540c, 640c, Marantz CD 5001 because the top end can be agressive in wrong circumstances[/quote]
yes that what i found with the 640c a bit on the screachy side at the top end but i guess i am biased towards NAD, even nad's first dvd player (T550) has a decent stereo sound..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts