Needed help on CD player choice

steffy72004

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I am not an expert and so I would be really grateful if someone could give me an advice on which CD player to choose.

Let's start with the fact that I'm tight on budget and so I was thinking of looking second hand equipment.

Till today I have used my dvd player to play my cd's, a Sony ns-708, budget player.

I would ask with which of the following options you think I would get a significant upgrade in sound:

- Nad c541i 100 Euros

- Cambridge Audio CD 36 50 Euros

- Denon dvd 1740 (new) 150 Euros

I hope that you can help me with this cohice and I thank you in advance for all the advice you'll be able to give.

Ste

A

Anonymous

The NAD C541i easily wins this between the three options. Dump the other two!

NAD C541i CD PLAYER

C541i_550_1.jpg

rvo_retailer_ref='SP1';
rvo_sku='1106';

QUICK JUMP: Specifications Useful accessories

hdcdlogo.gif

whf2002_100.jpg

AWARD WINNER

"This is a superb performer", "Great sound, solid build and more than enough features; this player is going to be very hard to beat", "It doesn't put a foot wrong". What HiFi, November 2002.
No arguments here.

Edit functions:[/b]
Programme (20 tracks), repeat: track/programme/disc, random

DAC/Digital Bits:
Burr-Brown 24 Bit Sigma Delta DAC, 8 x oversampling digital filter

CD text?
No

Remote control?
Yes

WxHxD (mm) / Weight:
435 x 70 x 285 / 4.1 kg

Colour:
Grey

Extra:
Toroidal power supply

A

Anonymous

i'd go for the nad. although if you can find the c542, that has an optical out which the 541 doesn't so you could add a dac as and when funds allow to improve the quality rather than just replacing it.

edit: the 541i must be slightly different from the 541 as when i wass looking it was the lowest model to come with digital/optical

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts