Need to vent about Samsung

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Gargh sorry about the rant but I'm getting angry and I need to vent... [:mad:]

I had a lovely day at the Manchester Home Enterainment Show on the 17rd October and even decided to splash out on the What Hifi Award winning 40" Samsung 8000 Series TV and a Blu Ray player - made all the sweeter by getting a free 3D pack with 2 pairs of glasses and the promise of £200 cashback. This as you'll notice was almost 4 weeks ago now...

The lovely, friendly Samsung reps took me to the Sales desk being run by Audio T who although were having computer problems extracted not a insignificant sum of money from my credit card and gave me a hand written receipt and promised to call me with a delivery date. Happy I'd soon be watching a lovely LED lit large TV I toddled off back home.

A week after hearing nothing I rang Audio T who said due to their computer problems it had taken a while to get the orders in to Samsung but this has now been done, and they very promptly faxed me over a printed receipt that I can use to claim the cashack and for warranty purposes. They also said they would ring when Samsung had confirmed a delivery date.

Still nothing, and no idea when my TV will arrive. I've called Audio T numerous times and I really can't fault their service, they are as frustrated with Samsung as I am. The order with Samsung was placed 3 weeks ago and Samsung still cannot provide the Audio T with even an estimated delivery date, and thus Audio T can't tell me.

I'm not amused! Even worse if it doesn't arrive by the end of the month I miss the window for applying for the £200 cashback. Please don't take this as a rant against Audio T I'm laying the blame squarely at Samsung and their sales reps who cannot say when the order will be fulfilled.

Bah!

A

Anonymous

If its any consilation, Sony are of similar punctuality, i placed an order with my local Sony rep (not a Sony center) 10 weeks ago for an hx903, still no sign, i finally threw in the towel and placed an order with my local Sony center and hopefully i will recieve it within 2 weeks now.its not only Samsung its Sony too.

I dont know if its a christmas rush, but i cant imagine many people placing orders for £2000+ tvs this close to christmas, so why is it taking so long?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
pryonic:...if it doesn't arrive by the end of the month I miss the window for applying for the £200 cashback.

Then Samsung will probably despatch it on Dec 1st.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
At John Lewis when I was getting my LE26C450 and waiting for stock to arrive, they said they'd had nightmares in terms of stock delivery from Samsung and Sony this year.

Had not particular issues getting my Tv as such though..

A

Anonymous

If they do that'll that'll find themselves on the wrong side of a Sales of Goods Act suit as I was sold it on the promise of £200 cashback

TRENDING THREADS