Need some clear advice to sort out some confusion?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HELLO there, i am hoping that someone can guide me in the right direction because i am a bit confused when it comes to speaker wire length. My confusion is that i read an article on home cinema setup and in that particular article it stated clearly that the 2 front left and right speaker's including the center all need the same length of speaker wire but when i questioned this with Sevenoak's sound & vision they told me that the front left and right speaker's need the same length of cable but the center can use less or more because it has a separate channel so therefore does not necessarily need to be the same length as the front left and right. Is this true?. The problem i have is that i have some CHORD EPIC SUPER TWIN speaker cable which i will be using for the front left, right and center but i have 2 x 3 meter length's for the front left and right and 1 x 0.5 meter for the center, will i be OK to use these length's or do i need to increase the length of the center speaker cable so that it's the same as the front left and right in other word's up to 3 meter's. Thank's.

A

Anonymous

Ditto, your ear will not detect the slightest difference.

Enjoy

A

Anonymous

DR KAY:

HELLO there, i am hoping that someone can guide me in the right direction because i am a bit confused when it comes to speaker wire length. My confusion is that i read an article on home cinema setup and in that particular article it stated clearly that the 2 front left and right speaker's including the center all need the same length of speaker wire but when i questioned this with Sevenoak's sound & vision they told me that the front left and right speaker's need the same length of cable but the center can use less or more because it has a separate channel so therefore does not necessarily need to be the same length as the front left and right. Is this true?. The problem i have is that i have some CHORD EPIC SUPER TWIN speaker cable which i will be using for the front left, right and center but i have 2 x 3 meter length's for the front left and right and 1 x 0.5 meter for the center, will i be OK to use these length's or do i need to increase the length of the center speaker cable so that it's the same as the front left and right in other word's up to 3 meter's. Thank's.

I am in the same position as you ,rewiring my cinema . I have always in the past used equal cable lenght ,I am now using different lengh to all channels as it is tidier , I had bought enough to make each pair equal which was a waste.

To help you decide please read the link , thats what convinced me that it does not matter.

http://www.audioholics.com/education/cables/speaker-cable-length-differences-do-they-matter

A

Anonymous

the 2 front left and right speakers including the center all need the
same length of speaker wire INCORRECT

the front left and right speakers need the same length of cable but
the center can use less or more CORRECT

i have 2 x 3 meter lengths for the front left and right and 1 x 0.5
meter for the center, will i be OK to use these lengths YES

By the way, plurals don't need apostrophes ...........

A

Anonymous

'By the way, plurals don't need apostrophes ...........;

Aaargh! Another one!

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
willieeckslyke:

By the way, plurals don't need apostrophes ...........

And an ellipsis is only three dots...
emotion-2.gif

But yes I agree - the misuse of apostrophes on this forum is shocking.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
My guess is that not everyone has an Eton education. Also they simply ask a question for someone to answer, so rather than pick up on their gramma go and iron your kagoul!!

Nuff said.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts