Need player with 2 hdmi outs

if...

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
I need a bluray player with 2 hdmi outs. Was looking at either Pioneer BDP450 or LX55 - both now £179. But they are both older models - about two years old? Are there any sub-£200 players I should be looking at? SACD and DVD audio nice but not crucial .

Thanks!

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
I recently got a Sony BDP-S790 for £150 at RS and it's fantastic - a well deserved WHF 2013 Product of the Year. Sparkling picture and sound quality, two HDMIs and SACD - sorry don't know about DVD Audio as I haven't tried. As an aside, it also plays AVI, MKV and MP4 files very well and is a big step up from my previous Sony BDP-S370.

Hope this helps.

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
I recently got a Sony BDP-S790 for £150 at RS and it's fantastic - a well deserved WHF 2013 Product of the Year. Sparkling picture and sound quality, two HDMIs and SACD - sorry don't know about DVD Audio as I haven't tried. As an aside, it also plays AVI, MKV and MP4 files very well and is a big step up from my previous Sony BDP-S370.

Hope this helps and sorry for the repeat but I didn't think the first time had worked!

if...

Nov 21, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

have narrowed it down to a Pioneer LX55 or a Panasonic BDT500 - both £179 and 2 hdmi outputs. I know the Panny doesn't do SACD or DVD audio - but my tv is Panny so would be convenient as far as remotes and user friendliness for the better half! So - on PQ/SQ which would you go for? Panny seems to be more reliable and has better "smart" functions/wireless? Pioneer looks better (!) and has better build quality/SACD/DVD audio...

Help!

What's the rest of your home cinema system like? I haven't found any difference in blu ray picture quality between players at difference price points. Sound quality depends on the rest of your system. I would get the AV receiver to decode audio. There are many reported playback issues with the Pioneer.

TRENDING THREADS