Need instant answers for 5.1 speakers what would you choose

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need to make up my mind today to get either the

B&W MT-20 / 25 or the Kef 3005SE speaker pakages. What would you choose?????

I thing that the MT-25 has overtaken the MT-20 package is that correct? 1 retailer said the MT-20 package he has is the latest and another said the MT-25 he has is the latest. Which one?

I DO WANT good music / cd sound.

I have an Denon AVR2309 amp

Selby

A

Anonymous

'Instant answers'?
emotion-12.gif

A

Anonymous

The MT-25 is newer than the MT-20, and sounds better as it has a different Sub. The Kef 3005SE is brilliant for movies but not so good for music. The B&W is very good for movies and is better than the kefs for music. If it was me I would go for the MT-25, but I would suggest than you go and demo them all with a denon amp. I have the MT-30 with the Denon 2310 and I find the Denon and the B&W to be a very good match.

A

Anonymous

Seems like someone has deep pockets
emotion-4.gif
Never seen people rushing for a 1 grand purchase!

Well, back to topic I vote for B&W!

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Found the B&W far superior for music. Stereo image and bass integration is very good. Only thing with MT-25 is that it will sound even better with ASW610 rather than the ASW608 - goes deeper in the bass and has more punch

But you are the only one who knows what you like bestÿ

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Although the MT-20 package may have been discontinued, the individual speakers are all still available. The M1's and the subwoofer options can still be bought. The only difference in each package is the subwoofer.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

PS I would buy the B&W set up.

A

Anonymous

@ Selby Darlow

Hi,

I strongly recommend you audition the 3005SE system, in the WHF? original review they favour the KEF for musicality and movie dynamics! Plus, it has won Style Speaker Package product of the year for 07/08!

The 3005SE K2 system is cheaper at around 1k and features a bigger sub than the MT-25 system.

Longer term, you may require more bass performance and generally bigger sound, the KEF delivers this in bundles! The satellites go lower in frequency and the HF drivers are positioned at the heart of the Mid/Bass driver which gives better off axis response and a much stronger stereo image (better for music) with no tight 'sweet spot'.

Uni-Q arrays can be positioned anywhere within the listening area/set-up with minimal fuss as opposed to discrete speakers which have an inherent 'lobing' problem at the crossover frequency!

Don't discard the KEF's until you have auditioned them, you won't be disappointed I'm sure..

Have a great weekend!

Ron
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts