Need help with choosing the right tool for the job (soundboard?)

iroh

Apr 28, 2021
Visit site
I'm looking for something i will place on my desk and plug in my pc to be able to assign sound files to buttons and have them play on demand and possibly make it come out of my microphone via some line in thing in the sound settings.

Not looking to spend much since I dont need anything that will tweak sounds, just play them as is on demand

Gray

I'm looking for something i will place on my desk and plug in my pc to be able to assign sound files to buttons and have them play on demand and possibly make it come out of my microphone via some line in thing in the sound settings.

Not looking to spend much since I dont need anything that will tweak sounds, just play them as is on demand
My brother (who's well into gadgets) brought an Elgato Stream Deck round to show me this week.
I've got no connection to the company and other, similar devices are available apparently.

The point is that coincidentally, what he showed me it doing, is precisely what you've asked for.
He loaded different sounds onto the physical buttons - which then triggered when pressed.
Each button has its own impressive little mini screen for customisable labelling.
It also comes with loads of music and SFX tracks.

It's available with a 6, 15 or 32 button desk controller - he tells me the 6 button version is around £90 (which is less than I thought it would be after having seen the 32 button version in action). It will certainly do what you require, but may be more elaborate than you need - therefore it may be worth you checking out something similar / cheaper.

There's a few explanatory guides to this (and no doubt others) on YouTube that might be worth a look.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts