Need help for choosing speakers for Yamaha V379

McZuzlak

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I've recently began to upgrade my old Creative Gigaworks G500 5.1 setup to a new level quality.

As a first step I've bought a Yamaha V379 reveiver. Still using the old 36W Satelites ( with no sub as it died ) and they sound much better with the Yamaha reveiver but I'm sure I can get far better results with the new speakers.

I live in a block of flats with neigbours all around me so one of my first prioritys is getting rich and detailed sound even on low and mid volume levels. The room is about 3x5,5m. I watch movies and tvshows of all kind and I'm listening most of the time rock/metal music in a lot of variations.

In the next step I would like to buy two front satelites and a center. Budget would be around 300 ₤. I'm thinking on buying the two rear satelites in the next step. And I'm thinking to get no subwoofer at all as it can be very disturbing in block of flats if I want to listen it the way it was build for. Is it viable to plan the system without it ? I'm ready for giving up getting the deepest bass but that means the rest of the speakers should be decent on that area I guess.

Can you guys please recommend me something thats a best bang for the money and also fits my needs above ?

Thanks a lot !

McZuzlak

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok I think I've made my choice after a lot of research.

I'll be using a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 220 as front satelites ( add another pair later as rear speakers ) and a Wharfedale Diamond 10.CC as the center speaker.

Can someone please look at them and check if those whould not work well together.

Thank You !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts