need help fast

suffire

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
hi, i have 2 amplifiers, 1 running my normal 3 way speakers, and the other one running my subwoofers. now, i just found out that i cant link these 2 amp's together... so i was wondering is there annyway i can get the amps to play the same music at the same time without linking them, like something like minijack to 4 phono adapter or something? i have no problem controlling the volume on both of the amps

suffire

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
thx, well i kinda have a wierd setup. im using a Vsx 923 av receiver for my 3way speakers. and an Aoda Ma 600 for my sub's

im using my computer as a "headunit"

lejockey

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
You could split the input signal with a lead as you suggested. You could use a minijack headphone splitter, and two minijack to phono leads. If one of your amps has a tape record out, you could take the input into the tape, and then use the record out to go to the second amp.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
It would appear that your reciever has 2 line level subwoofer outputs. If this is the case then the solution is simple.

Connect all sources to your reciever as normal, connect the reciever to main speakers as normal.

Connect the two subwoofer outs on the reciever to your second amp and sub woofer.

Play some music with the reciever at normal level and the second amp at minimum volume, you should get normal stereo from you main speakers. Advance the volume on your second amp until the subwoofers reach the required level to match the main speakers.

Leave the second amp 'fixed' at that level, the reciever should now control both the main system and the subs.

suffire

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
the subwoofer output looks like it needs a phono cable or something on the Ma 600 amp on the inputs it looks like it needs speakon, so should i get a phono to speakon adapter cable?

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
It's easy.

Use normal phono leads with a phono to mono jack adaptor into the two combination jack/xlr.

6-3mm-mono-jack-male-to-rca-phono-female-audio-adapter-p3559-1898_zoom.jpg

Then follow my instructions as above

TRENDING THREADS