Need help.... Cant decide

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Really struggling to make a decision regarding MP3 player. My plan was to buy an Ipod Classic and remote control dock, connect to my old Arcam and transfer all my music onto it. I could then buy other docks and move my collection around the house. I'm sure quite alot of other folks have the same idea. After alot of forum searching I was deciding between the Marantz or Onkyo dock, then I happened across a review of the Sony NWZ818!!! Apparently awesome sounding machine which pounds the Ipod classic to dust. The more I read the more I changed my mind about the Ipod and it had a dock as well, but no remote! I was quiet prepared to put up with the lack of storage but not a remote.

So I can't find any accessories for the Sony or for that matter any other MP3 player except the Ipods. Is the Sony so far ahead in terms of sound? Would I notice the difference through my amp as its not really gonna be used with earbuds?

Finally..... Have I missed anything? Ideally I would love a home unit that would do this but it seems no one is producing anything for the home market.

Thanks

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
I think you may be missing something, unless I am reading your post too literally. You need to load the iPod using iTunes on a computer, not by recording from the Arcam.

The answer to your playback query seems to be simple 3.5mm stereo to 2x RCA phono cable on each system where you want to play the music. That will take sound from the player into the systems.

As for iPod vs Sony, pass! Hopefully someone else will have some ideas...

A

Anonymous

Andrew, thanks for your reply.

The Arcam is simply an Amp for playback. I will be loading the MP3 player via PC. And the phono cable would work but I'm looking to have some form of remote control involved.

Thanks again

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Oh right, OK.

Sorry, don't know of any docks of this kind for the Sony, so you may have to pledge allegiance to the mighty Pomme in order to get what you want

A

Anonymous

Well, after being round every house and checking every option and Im back at the Ipod Classic. So an order has been dispatched for an 80Gb model and the Cambridge Audio dock.

Heres hoping

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts