Need Cable Advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need some advice according to how much i'v already spent on my system;

Cambridge Audio 640A Amp, 640C CD player, QUAD 11L loudspeakers, CHORD crimson interconnects for amp/cd. (all up has cost about $2100)

I havn't bought speaker cable yet though, im using some no brand crap atm which frustrates me. In the shop i bought my setup from they are using exactly the same setup but using nordost (not sure what model) $35 a meter, single wired, they sounded great like this. However i want to bi-wire preferably but i need about 16meters which will cost me more than i want to pay for cable with nordost. So my option is bi-wire Kimber 4PR (recommended by the salesman) which will cost about $180 roughly or i can single wire nordost (8m) which will cost about $280. Im happy to pay about $280 for cable, but i think bi-wire is also good, so i dont know what to do??

Im also tossing up whether to use banana connects, i do believe bare connection is better quality, but the posts for the amp and speakers are sooo fiddly esp the amp, i think if i bare wire ill still lose 10% due it being so difficult to effectively wire them. So although im told you lose 10% quality in banana connects atleast i wont have to strip back the wire every year and its easy to plug em in.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Kimber makes some very good Kables, and 4PR is more than good enough for the system you have. And yes, I would go for banana plugs. Never heard that one about losing 10% of whatever using banana plugs, though...

A

Anonymous

Hey thanks so much for your trustworthy advice Andrew. What i heard about the banana plugs by a salesman i think it was just a hunch though, he reacons the extra join causes the loss in signal/quality, but it seemed a bit contrived.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Nah - what very tiny losses there may be will be more than offset by the lack of problems caused by cables coming loose, possible shorting or whatever...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts