Question Need advice, soundbar ~$600 ?

manutd

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
I recently sold my surround system due to lack of space so I need to fins a soundbar&sub that can somewhat replace it.

Sadly im a totally noob when it comes to surround/soundbars, but I can atleast give a picture of what im looking for:

*At least HDMI 2.0 1 in and 1 out
*eARC
*Subwoofer

*Price: $500-600

Bonus but not neccesary: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X

The only thing I will connect to it is my mediaplayer to watch iptv and play 4k hdr movies from my external harddrive.

Mt important...as good sound as possible :p
Mainly I would prefer good sound when it comes to dialogues, good bass is secondary.

In short...a good allrounder.

All help would be much appreciated!

Best regards

Welcome to the forum. As you’re asking about $ prices, are you based outside the UK?
Do you have any stores you can visit because the soundbars vary significantly in size, features and looks, never mind sound?

Last edited:

manutd

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. As you’re asking about $ prices, are you based outside the UK?
Do you have any stores you can visit because the soundbars vary significantly in size, features and looks, never mind sound?

Thanks! :)

Yes, I live in Sweden but I always use $ when I ask because I can easily calculate $x10 and I basically get the Swedish prices :)

I can see that £1 = 13 sek

So I guess im at £400-450 if you convert it to brittish pound.

Sadly I dont have any store close by were I live...I need to drive like 3-4h with car to get there and I dont find it worth the effort.

Im sure most of the soundbars sounds better then my tv-speakers :)

Last edited:
We use a soundbase, (by Canton, which I’d recommend) and I don’t have any experience of current sound bars designs.

There are lots of reviews by this magazine, and you can search through them from the menu at the top of the Home page - Reviews, then Home Cinema.

This looks like good value from a top brand. ..

manutd

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
We use a soundbase, (by Canton, which I’d recommend) and I don’t have any experience of current sound bars designs.

There are lots of reviews by this magazine, and you can search through them from the menu at the top of the Home page - Reviews, then Home Cinema.

This looks like good value from a top brand. ..

Thanks you for the reply!

That one is well in my pricerange and from reading that review it looks very promising.

I will definitely be reading more reviews of this soundbar.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts