Need advice for new hi-fi

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Fungus said:
At the end I decided to get this setup

Ampli: Cambridge audio sr20 Cd: Cambridge audio CD 05 Speakers: b&w 685 s2 Turntable: pro-jet debut

I am quite happy, but I have a major issue with the CD player: I have discovered that the Cambridge Audio Topaz CD5 (like its big brother CD10) adds a gap between tracks. This may not be a problem with many cds, but when I'm listening to concerts or cds with songs links together, I can really hear the blank pause.

I don't know what to do: should I return it and get another player or I keep it? My other options would be: 

NAD C 516BEE or ONKYO C 7030 or Marantz CD5005, which are in the same pricerange. The problem is that I would lose the match design with the ampli.

What's your advice?
How are you connected to the amp, analogue or digital. Will make all the difference. If digital takes a while for the input to be sampled hence the gaps.

Fungus

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
There is not digital connection, only analog.

This is what is written on Cambridge Audio page:
Playback delayA 5 millisecond mute at the beginning of each track to avoid pops or thumps that can occur when a track is skipped or started, either due to artefacts on the CD or recording or pickup/noise in the mechanism. [/list]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts