Need advice (first time buyer)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

After being a music lover for many years i decided to fork some cash out and buy some semi decent headphonesand i was amazed at the diffrence listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan live was amazing.

I need some advice on buying a system that works best for me, I am looking at spending around £800 max.

Current Setup: i am playing Music through my PC burning my cds to Flac and playing through Jriver Media Center and have a Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp and a pair of DT990 PRO - 250 OHM.

What i am looking for is spending around 800 pounds on getting a amp and speakers to add to my current setup which will mainly used for movies, flac audio and headphone listening late at night and games.

If anyone can give me some advice and know of any good shops around Hampton Court / Kingston area that would be great.

Cheers,

~J

A

Anonymous

Looking at reviews the ma bx5 speakers sound great and are easily in my price range. I like the look of the mini system but I don't really need a cd deck or radio so wouldn't it be better to get a amp that is suited better to just headphones and speakers or is that amp best at that price range ?

I will look at some more reviews when I get home thanks for your help so far.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

There's a Richer Sounds in Kingston on the Richmond Road if I remember rightly. Good place to audition some gear.

A

Anonymous

Just found out there is a sevenoakssoundandvision shop in kingston i may have to pop in at the weekend.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I reckon a pair of active speakers might work for you. Nfortunately £800 not quite enough to get AVIs but some good ideas here

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/the-active-speakers-club

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Unilet would always be my first stop.not sure when there next blue murder sale is but if you don't mind last years kit it's a good place to look and I found the guys always very helpfull.

A

Anonymous

Yes there is still a richer sounds there.

I have found a Marantz PM6003 for 149 pounds which got good reviews but it is getting old now but i assume it is better value for money than getting a 6004 ?

So i am thinking of getting that amp and look in some shops at speakers maybe Monitor Audio BX2 (249 pounds) which would put my total at 400 pounds which is well below my top budget.

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
If you have a pro audio supplier nearby, try to get a listen to Mackie HR624s.

HR624.jpg

A Beresford Bushmaster DAC would be iedeal for the preamp/DAC/headphone amp

7530DC-F300.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts