Need a cd player... in dire need of advice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an Arcam A80 amplifier and KEF iQ5 speakers with silver spiral cables. I am currently without a CD player and wondered what you guys would advise?

Have been thinking of sticking with Arcam. Possibly a CD23, CD192 or CD72. Owners opinions are welcome and anyone selling I'd love to buy, but mainly just after some advice. I'm quite new to all this, as you will see from my previous posts. Thanks in advance for any help. Advice on where to purchase second hand discontinued Arcam products would be useful.

One final thing, I am not just limiting myself to Arcam, it's just I'm sticking to what I know. My Dad had an Alpha 9 amp with Alpha 8 CD and B&W 603D speakers.

Thanks for any help

Hi

As you can see from my sig I'm quite an Arcam fan. The A80 is a good machine, although not hugely better than my A65+. I would suggest the CD72 or 73T is a good starting point. If you can afford a 192 then definitely go for it. I've also seen a few CD82's on fleebay recently. Very good player (former WHFI award winner), but won't give you the sonic rewards of the 192, however.

It's also worth considering Exposure 2010S which is excellent or Rega Apollo. I've not heard the latter, has many admirers on this forum.

Good luck.

A

Anonymous

The Rega Apollo is better than CD72/72T or Exposure 2010. but for your system, the 72 would be nice.

A

Anonymous

Hi I Have a CD73T and very happy with it. Also pairing it with KEFs - the Q4' s which are the predescessors to the Q5is.

I have slightly different problem in that my amp is broken!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts