Napster vs spotify

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
apart from the £5 difference in price per month (for spotify premium) and the fact that with napster you can download the content what are the differences between the two? everyone seems to be going mad about spotify but there does not seem to be much talk about napster. Am I missing something significant?

I am sorry if I am being stupid.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
The main thing for me with Spotify is it's free - I don't listen to it enough to justify the £10 a month charge and it's the same with Napster. Hence why I never used Napster.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
professorhat:
The main thing for me with Spotify is it's free - I don't listen to it enough to justify the £10 a month charge and it's the same with Napster. Hence why I never used Napster.

Thats fair enough, I think the free version is great! It just seems a bit strange that there is such a massive sway to Spotify premium (for others on the forum) and very little is mentioned about napster at all when they seem to provide a very similar service, just wondered if there was a reason.

John Duncan

I looked at it, and found that the mobile service (where you can put stuff on your player) was 15 quid a month, and was limited to compatible players (none of which is called 'iPod'). So it looked like it just wouldn't work for me.

A

Anonymous

I did try napster for a while and found the quality of some of the tracks to be very poor from a hi-fi perspectife, I ripped a cd to lossless and compared it to a download from napster and the difference was night and day!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts