Naim Uniti system advice please!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

First post on here. Would appreciate your help for a bit of a newbie!

I am thinking of buying my first decent hifi system but I'm not sure what sort of cash I should budget for the different components. My music is a mixture of CD, FLAC and mp3 (soul, jazz, hip hop). I already have a NAS and was thinking of getting a Naim Uniti because it seems to be a great all rounder and doesnt take up much space. I live in a flat so I won't be playing my music too loud.

My question is for Naim Uniti what sort of budget should I allocate to speakers? I don't want to get something that's not going to do it justice, but still not be too expensive. I would have thought I should spend about £900-1.2k for something like DALI Mentor Menuet or B&W CM5 inc stands and get Naim cables.

Also if anyone has any advice for what other bookshelf speakers I should be considering please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

jiggyjoe

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
neat motive 3 or 2 for a small floorstander.
smiley-smile.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
John Duncan said:
(drums fingers on chin...)

Just incase you missed it, but I can also vouch for PMC DB1i's as an absolute perfect match for Naim, even have them in my own system. Heard them on the end of a qute as well. Fantastically open and detailed speaker, surprising bass depth out of the little blighters too.

If buying from your dealer make sure that you remove the biwire links and get them to make an "F" connector for your speakers.

Absolute no brainer

A

Anonymous

great thanks a lot for your responses. I see the DB1i is a very popular small speaker so I will see if I can get a good deal on it.

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
If you're in or around Surrey, try Unilet Sound & Vision. They were offering the DB1i's at £629 in their sale, which goes on until 6th June - http://www.unilet.net/web/BlueMurder2011.pdf. Though limited stocks apparently, so I wouldn't be surprised if they've sold.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts