Naim uniti atom

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Any one using it purely as a digital source. I've read that the amplification is adequate. But not exactly potent. The features list is enticing. As is the robust app and promise of the Naim sound.

If I wanted the Naim sound , will using it as a digital premp into the home theatre bypass inputs on my parasound integrated deliver it.

Will adding something like the Naim nd5xs, feeding line level into the parasound better it at sound quality and still deliver the Naim sound. Thanks for your views :)

insider9

Legend has it that its best to have all Naim system. You're not the first to consider that solution though. It has crossed my mind before.

But to have Naim sound you really need to try their amp away minimum. If you come across Densen I'd suggest it is a great alternative to Naim.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It’s a compact all-in-one for small rooms, dens, studies, attics etc. 40 Watts per channel (8 Ohms) is plenty for such environments given the ‘near field’ distances involved and a bit of common sense matching up with reasonably sensitive ‘speakers.

I believe Naim have larger, more powerful Uniti devices for those who need them.

As insider said..the purists would have you with naim source,amp,a couple of psu's and speakers with obligatory naca5 cable and powerlines.lol....but I think at least a source and amplifier is needed....And a cd5x/nait xs as a decent introduction to the naim sound....oh and the nd5xs is meant to be a very capable digital source...and the naim app works very well indeed....although with the recent release of the new uniti range (which are apparently roon capable).it wouldn't surprise if a new range of streamers were on the horizon to utilise the latest technological offerings.

Ps.I don't see any point in buying the atom just to use as a source...then you're paying for a amplifier you ain't going to use . doesn't make sense..I suppose it would be sensible if naim released a streamer only unit in the same ball park as their entry level amplifier....as it stands the nd5xs is the first rung on the ladder at well over 2k,well above their entry level amp and cd player.

chebby said:
It’s a compact all-in-one for small rooms, dens, studies, attics etc. 40 Watts per channel (8 Ohms) is plenty for such environments given the ‘near field’ distances involved and a bit of common sense matching up with reasonably sensitive ‘speakers.

I believe Naim have larger, more powerful Uniti devices for those who need them.

I would agree it's a niche product but used sympathetically it could fill a pretty big niche...

Would also agree, in today's market, it's pretty pointless buying one to be used as a source alone.

rainsoothe

I agree it's a bit of a waste of money to use an Atom just as a source, and their app isn't all good. Granted I never tried others, but consensus is that sonos or auralic apps are better. I, for one would go the Auralic streamer + Chord Qutest route, or an ND5xs if you really want a Naim source. Or, if Naim was the end-game (which it is for me) 272 streamer pre with Nap 200 or 250dr. Clean solution, and amazing sound.

D

Deleted member 116933

newlash09 said:
Any one using it purely as a digital source. I've read that the amplification is adequate. But not exactly potent. The features list is enticing. As is the robust app and promise of the Naim sound.

If I wanted the Naim sound , will using it as a digital premp into the home theatre bypass inputs on my parasound integrated deliver it.

Will adding something like the Naim nd5xs, feeding line level into the parasound better it at sound quality and still deliver the Naim sound. Thanks for your views :)

Personally I’d buy dac v1 with a chromecast or auralic aries mini and a nap 100/200. This would allow for future growth and expandability or quit possibly this could even be your end game. Just pick your poison regarding speakers. In regards to the atom. It would be a complete waste if your just using it as a source. The above should come out cheaper with carful shopping with far better sound.

TRENDING THREADS