Naim Streamers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Shanka said:
Thanks for the info, as you are using Naim with your Roksan do you think you are losing some of the component performance by not matching it with a Naim amp ?

did you try other streamers/dac's with your amp before you settled on Naim (apart from the NAD)

Not losing performance IMO, just sounds different. The Caspian seems to have a more extended top-end than the Naim amps I had before, plus I like the coherence of an integrated. I've heard the Supernait several times and just didn't care for it.

I had a Squeezebox for ages and it sounded OK but really needed to go into a good DAC. It didn't work for me into the Naim one. Oddly it sounded brilliant into the DAC section of a top-end Denon SACD player (which I didn't buy). Other than that, I have a Marantz MCR603 upstairs which I occasionally plug into the system, and am thinking about the Pioneer.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Well, looks like the new Naim V1 dac may fit the bill perfectly, can't wait to hear one, has all the connectivity I need.

Will also fit better into my rack, wonder when stock will be available ?

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
http://www.whathifi.com/news/ces-2013-naim-looks-to-desktop-audio-with-dac-v1-preampdac-and-nap-100-power-amplifier

Looks like it won't be available for a few months, will have to be patient.

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Naim DAC-V1. It's impossible to keep up!

I suspect this may sound a bit mid-fi ...but interesting they've finally (finally) got on the USB-B wagon. Why not before? Also interesting to see how the headphone amp compares to the Headline (though of course there's no analogue input here).

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
They have it listed in their classic series and using the same processor as the naim dac so it doesn't appear mid fi to me , as have not heard that I shall just have to wait and see but fits the bill on paper, I will be able to compare with the Clic but the naim looks like a strong contender for what I'm looking for.

I am sure it will be better than the mdac that was my original choice mind you it costs twice as much, will have to wait and hear.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts