Naim Problem - Advise sought

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
When I power up my Naim cd5i mk2 with nac122x pre and nap150x power I hear a hiss.

Is this normal for Naim products. Even when volume is off the hiss is still prominent.

Any advise.????

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="rich51080"]Is this normal for Naim products. Even when volume is off the hiss is still
prominent.[/quote]

No...something wrong!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Is the hiss just when the volume is off, and you are close to the speakers (I can hear some hiss when less than 0.5m from the speakers, but every amp that I have owned does this)?

If it is louder than this, and it's getting in the way of the music (like a tape deck without dolby), then I'm with Thaiman in that you need to get it looked at.

Does it go away with the CD player off?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="rich51080"]
When I power up my Naim cd5i mk2 with nac122x pre and nap150x power I hear a hiss.

Is this normal for Naim products. Even when volume is off the hiss is still prominent.

Any advise.????

[/quote]

I had hissing sound with my nac 202 and nap 200 when i stand real close to my speaker. I check with my dealer and apparently they mention that as long the hissing was not audible from listening position, it should be ok. My previous Nait 5i had hissing sound also. No idea what is the cause though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts