naim/plinius anyone heard this

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
OK,

this is possibly one for the whfsv team....

Isome of you know that i am in the process of purchasing a pair of loudspeakers. The decision has been made, and i am going for the proac d18s.

now, the long term question about cd players/amplification. Based on my current system below, i am considering the naim cdx2 married with the plinius p10/m8 pre/power combination. Have any of you heard this system or indeed something similar?if so, what are your thoughts?

Now before i get flamed like a well done steak, with the immortal words "find a dealer and listen" There ae no plinius dealers here in dorset as far as i know. The nearest being eithe exeter or new malden!

I base the amplification on the whf review, and the cd player on a previous audion, but what i like about it, is that is is modularly upgradeable.

Anyway, I would really welome your comments;-)

ATB

clive

P.S apologies for the apalling spelling!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
No experience of that precise combination, Clive, but the Plinius pre/power thrived on the end of our reference Naim CDS3/Naim 555 source. But you really should audition - it's a huge investment in your listening pleasure, and getting system synergy right (with your speakers, too) is cruci.

Why not contact Plinius and see whether they'll arrange a home trial from that Exeter dealer (they may also have a closer dealer you don't know about)? Here are the details for Multiroom Company, UK distributor of Plinius - they're a helpful bunch.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare,

The actual dealer i was refering to was in tiverton and not exeter so mistake on my part! DOH!;-)
All of this is a long way off yet , so i am trying to make hay while the sun shines if you know what I mean!;-)

I think, given the outlay involved , it may justify a trip to tiverton or new malden!! (around 2 hours either way from here!)

Thanks again!!

A

Anonymous

clivej:Thanks Clare,

The actual dealer i was refering to was in tiverton and not exeter so mistake on my part! DOH!;-)
All of this is a long way off yet , so i am trying to make hay while the sun shines if you know what I mean!;-)

I think, given the outlay involved , it may justify a trip to tiverton or new malden!! (around 2 hours either way from here!)

Thanks again!!

I have to say that I have never heard Plinius either and I think that they look like the bomb.... and would love to be able to afford that type of kit (the specs and WHF reviews are mouth watering).... I am in agreement with Clare here.... surely for the price it might be worth going on something more than the reviews though...... and look on the bright side, it will be nice to go to a place where the houses are made of brick and the principles of the Renaissance have been fully assimilated
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

bloatedgut:
clivej:Thanks Clare,

Thanks again!!

I have to say that I have never heard Plinius either and I think that they look like the bomb.... and would love to be able to afford that type of kit (the specs and WHF reviews are mouth watering).... I am in agreement with Clare here.... surely for the price it might be worth going on something more than the reviews though...... and look on the bright side, it will be nice to go to a place where the houses are made of brick and the principles of the Renaissance have been fully assimilated
emotion-1.gif

I would never fork out that sort of outlay without some form of audition-at home or otherwise;-)
As mentioned, i think the 2 hour+ drive may well justify the outlay! lol plus i enjoy auditions for some reason!!:)