Naim or Musical Fidelity??

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok lets try that again!! (why do you have to write the posts twice??)

I have a Naim CD5 italic and a MF 3.5 amp, I was looking into getting a NAC-N 172 streaming pre-amp and using the MF as a power amp, OR getting a Naim power amp.

My qn is how will the sound compare between the MF and say a NAP 200

Thanks

Tommo

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Completely different; you will have to try and see for yourself. I had an MF E100 amp in the past and its presentation from my Naim amp that replaced it could not have been more different. Much more laid back sound, which is fine if that's what you are after.

tomlinscote

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Cheers for the reply JW I appreciate that I will need to audition the kit but I live a plane flight away from a decent place to listen to kit hence trying to get as much info first, especially as I would have to take along my MF to the shop to make a comparison whcih would mean putting it in the luggage hold which I am really not keen on seeing as the airline is ryanair!! I suppose I could take it via the car ferry but again it needs a lot of prior planning.

I have heard a supernait via quad 12L speakers and was impressed by the bass op from such little speakers aswell as the clarity so if the NAP 200 is close to that I could listen for a very long time and be happy!!

Cheers

Tommo

Ketan Bharadia

Jun 7, 2007
Visit site
If you're going to use the Naim NAC-N 172 I would match it to the Naim power amplifier. They will have a common sonic signature, and so pull in the same direction as far as sound quality is concerned. I suspect that if you go with the MF power amp you won't hear the best of either component.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts