Naim Mu-so

Lovie1961

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I am seriously (seriously) considering buying the Naim Mu-so. I currently have the B&W 685 theatre system. I have noticed that over the years, the way I listen to music and films has changed and im just not using the 685 as much as I used to or find that I only tend to listen to music using the front speakers and the subwoofer only. Can anyone please advise me as to whether or not the Naim unit would be a satisfactory replacement? I know I will lose the earth shattering volume and bass but I guess my neighbours would welcome it!! I love the look, sound and feel quality of the Naim but I am a little apprehensive in getting rid of all my current gear and replacing it with a single speaker system. Any help before I spend £900 would be appreciated. Thank you.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I happen to have a listen to the Mu-so a couple of times, & from what I can recollect it does what it does very well. Its got real weight to the sound. Not a very wide sound stage, but over all very good sound. Will also depend if you got a small to medium size room. May struggle to fill large rooms.

Lovie1961

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. My lounge is probably only 15' x 15' (ish) and I would be sitting directly in front of it about 10' away. I appreciate your insight. Regards. Paul.

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Im not a Naim fan, but its a wonderful product, sounds brilliant. But just look at the physics it will not replace speakers 6' apart. You just have to weigh up whats more important and the enjoy.

jjbomber

Pair up a Naim Nait 5si amplifier with your 685 speakers to give yourself a reference point. Try the mu-so against that and see which is better for music. Whichever you prefer is the right answer; what other people prefer is the wrong answer! Trust your ears.

Lovie1961

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Wise words indeed. It's just a shame that I don't seem to use my system as much as I used to. I couldn't wait to get the latest blu-Ray and enjoy the full immersion. But now I tend to stream and watch films on my laptop. I could also do with the space. Thanks for the advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts