Naim at John Lewis.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I just think it needs some nice spindly legs so that it can join this,

article-2515125-19B8199100000578-192_468x286.jpg

in the welcome to the 1950s department.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
andyrich_2000 said:
What standard of sound bar do you think it would compare to? A £400 one?

Having listened to some music on it today, there's nothing at £400 that will sound as good as this. I've not heard a soundbar at any price sound as good as this.

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I heard this today in JL. I love naim but I have to say I walked away massively underwhelmed. I thought for 900 it was an expensive item which delivers poor SQ for the money. It was lost in JL - it took me some time to find it as was buried next to the dab radios with no POS. Apart from myself no one showed an interest which is a shame as I was hoping it would bring in a new crowd to hifi. The unit itself was nice with a good finish and it felt very solid. Maybe a big noisy place like JL isn't the best place sell it....

Philim

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
David
Good. I hope naim and yourselves sell them by the bucket load. I like naim. I will try it again at some point in a dealer. JL with noise and open spaces isn't ideal however the time I spent with it left me disappointed.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Philim said:
David Good. I hope naim and yourselves sell them by the bucket load. I like naim. I will try it again at some point in a dealer. JL with noise and open spaces isn't ideal however the time I spent with it left me disappointed.
I'm sure JL will sell far more than we will! They have a larger footfall than we do, but then I suppose it's not really an impulse buy type product.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Overdose said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
Everybody who has heard it here so far have reacted positively...

Positively enough to buy it?

There will be a number of people who will be coming in to hear it just out of curiosity. These will be those who frequent forums, and maybe read magazines, and will want to *** into their local dealer to see what the fuss is about. All others probably fall into JL's typical customers.

It is possible to comment on something in a positive manner whether there is an intention to buy nor not. But to answer your question, I know of one that will be buying at the end of the month, and another is coming back for a longer listen in the demo room rather than on the shop floor.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
I'm sure JL will sell far more than we will! They have a larger footfall than we do, but then I suppose it's not really an impulse buy type product.

While slightly off topic, on the basis of killing a few minutes looking at the Muso in Peter Jones (JL), I bought a Sonos Play:1 which was on display next to the Naim as an impulse buy just to try it. On the strength of the performance of the Play:1, I have just bought an assortment of 8 other Sonos products to replace my ageing, but much loved squeezebox system. Should anyone care, I will be putting my various squeeze components on Ebay over the next week or so.

Putting products like Sonos or the Muso where non-hifi buyers can see and try them is clearly going to drive sales. Admittedly it was Sloane Square, but the two or three well presented individuals who were looking at the Muso didn't look as if the £900 price tag was going to put them off buying a couple for home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts