NAD, new or 2nd hand???

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
hi all.

after hearing my friends nad c325bee with my speakers for several hours i have decided that this could be the amp for me, i loved the warm sound and it tamed the brightness of my ms speakers quite well.

after checking the NAD website it seems that no warranty is valid if buying online, even from an authorised dealer, as ''NAD Authorized Dealers do not solicit business outside their local trading area.'' (which sounds very odd to me). this has left me with a problem, as i dont have access to a car and no authorised dealer near by, buying online is my only option, and i would have to do so with no warrantee at all! given this, would i be better off buying a 2nd hand model off ebay? i see the c320bee going for £120 - £150.

is there a large difference in the sound? either way i would be buying with no warrantee if i choose to buy this amp!

thank you for any replies

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
TBH the NAD C320BEE has to have been one of the best, 1st timer budget amps going.

Its still a stunning amp today and the prices they go for on eBay are a must have if you ask me.

There isnt that much difference between the NAD C320BEE and the NAD C325BEE so i'd say if you can find one that looks solid, undamaged and works perfectly; go for the NAD C320BEE.

Do you already have a CDP and speakers? If not take a look at some of the 'sizzling separates' that Superfi do; they come with speakers as well.

T

the record spot

Well, irrespective of that, your contract is with the retailer, not NAD, so that's the place you go to in the event of a problem. NAD might be involved in a repair, but it's up the retailer to make good on refunds, exchanges, repairs or the like in the event of a problem.

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the reply both,

i already have speakers and i play my music from laptop via beredford dac.

i think i'll call superfi and other retailers to double check their warranty situation. but if there is no big difference between the 2 models i may keep an eye on ebay for the c320bee. could save my self £100, which is quite a lot to a mature student like myself :)

thanks again

T

the record spot

True, just that in the event of a problem, in auction anyway, you're unlikely to have any comeback on the seller (unless a return policy is specified or the seller has misled you in the description), with the exception of a Buy It Now which is subject to the normal sale of goods act rules.

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
well, i've just won an auction for a c320bee at £113, got my self a bargain there me thinks, 2 others went for over £140 in last few days ....... result !!!!! :)

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
yea i'm quite happy with it. sundays always seem to be the best day for buying on ebay! My Wharefedale Diamond 9.1 Anniversary edition should be arriving this week too, it's like xmas all over again!

A

Anonymous

Have fun basshead! ÿI have a NAD C352 partnered with a pair of Wharfedale 9.1s and really enjoy it (the NAD was also an ebay purchase) - so I think your combo should be great!

A

Anonymous

Yep, enjoy the new amp basshead, you definitely won't feel disappointed, it's a terrific amp and dare I say it, gives much more expensive amps a run for their money as does the NAD C352.

basshead

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
The NAD arrived today. words can't describe how happy i am with it! compared to the CA azur 540 that i was using the music has come alive again! the overall sound is so much warmer and the music feels like one complete sound, the bass is spot on and the highs are in no way bright. The amp also seems much much louder than the CA, even thoug on paper it is rated as being lower.

Been listening to it for 2 hours now and no sign of fatigue at all, it has inspired me to spend all day listening to my favourite music!

To any dance/rock music fans i can highly recommend NAD :)

nads

Go on try some other music
emotion-5.gif
you may be surprised.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Nice :)

Yes; it will blow the C/A out of the water with regards to power. NAD seem to have the ability to go very loud without much effort.

TRENDING THREADS