NAD, Cambridge Midrange?.

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
I have been listening to a NAD 320BEE against a CA 340A and the NAD had for my likeing to much midrange while listen to my B&W 685's, Where as the Cambridge was alot more smoother, Do all NAD amps shine there midrange off ?. Thanks.

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Anyone. I sort of need to know ASAP as i want to exchange my CA Azur 340A for an Azur 640A, But only if all Cambridge Audio amps have the same smooth midrange, Unlike the NAD amps.

Thanks

matthewpiano

The midrange is a NAD strength. I'd say that the Cambridge amps are lacking in midrange hence the fact that vocals can sound a bit edgy. If you are not used to it I suppose the NAD sound can be a bit unusual, but it is much closer to the sound of live music IMO. If you didn't like the 320 you probably won't like NAD because its fairly representative.

PLuKE

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I have been trying a NAD 320BEE and for my taste i dont like it, The midrange for me is abit to much, Myself and my mate was going between the NAD and the Cambridge, Yes the NADs midrange sound real, But i just find it to over powering for me, Where the Cambridge is a smooth and alittle toned down yet the treble is still there.

Am going to get the CA Azur 640a for abit more power and bass for my B&W 685's.

Thanks!.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
HI mate anyone reading my post will know im a big NAD fan but it comes to personal taste if you prefer the Cambridge you should get them we all like different products buy with your ears not the 5 star ratings .........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts