NAD C521BEE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Are there any other NAD C521BEE owners out there who have had issues with their player not reading their standard audio discs? I know it's not a high end player, I'm only a poor student... The problem is that at random occasions, I will put a disc in and it will just give me the 'no disc' readout. After an overnight rest it will be fine but it's just a little too strange for me to stay quiet...

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Don't know about the NAD, but I occasionally get the same problem on my Arcam CD192 - and that's hardly a budget player! I usually find just opening and re-closing the drawer does the trick.

A

Anonymous

Be carefull the discs are not dirty or scratched - a major cause of such a problem.

A

Anonymous

Cheers guys. I think it's more likely to be a fault with the player, maybe it got knocked in transit. The problem occurs with all discs I try.

A

Anonymous

Just standard shop-bought music CDs... is that what you're getting at? They're not home-recorded / ripped discs if that's what you mean

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
HI mate i thought it was just my player........MY does it also if you turn it off by plug it sometimes does this it will read no disc turn in off then on that does the trick.......if you leave it in standby it wont happen..............

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi thaiman.i dont think its the lazer because my first c521bee had same fault after 1 month Nad replaced it for another it works fine but sometimes not always unplug it and this fault occurs........ leave it on standby and in never happens.......

A

Anonymous

I think you may be right rob, I often just turn it straight off at the unit.

I found a way of getting around the problem by a laborious method of taking disc out and turning the unit off waiting, turning it on waiting, turning it off and then putting the disc in.

I'll try the standby method for a bit and let you know how it goes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts